Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Question On Jaw and Teeth Deformities

erikahand83

Cavy Slave
Anyways, i just had to give my piggie Ralphy back to the rescue I got him from because he had a terrible jaw deformity that we didn't know about until a week ago. The man that runs the rescue is going to adopt him as a personal pig and pay for all the vet bills. He said his back teeth were very overgrown, one of the worst cases his vet has seen in years. It must have been pretty bad because the initial teeth trimming surgery cost him $500. I was wondering if jaw and teeth deformities happen like this very often. I'm very upset that my little guy won't be coming home to join his newly adopted friends. He is such a sweet little guy and has a wonderful personality on him, always stood on his hind legs and squeal when he saw me coming hoping I had veggies for him.

Last edited:
What color was he?

Salana, he's white/orange; there's a picture of him in her album.

Yeah, he is a orange and white pig. Even if nobody knows statistics on how often the deformities happen I wouldn't mind hearing of problems people have had with their own pigs, at least then I would know if happens very often with piggies that are on this forum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.