Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Question about floor and lap time routine

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Hello,

Thanks to all the wonderful information on this website my little girls Luna and Little Bear are slowly getting more comfortable. I have been reading about how important lap time is so I wanted to know if my routine is an okay substitute.
Unless I have to stay late from work I take both girls out for 45 minutes to 1 hour in the evening for floor time. Since I just recently adopted them both they are still being quarantined from each other so I take them out separately in different rooms.
I created a large pen from grids zip tied together that I let the my girls run around in. I put towels down and a variety of hidies. Then I grab the 1/2 cup of evening veggies and sit in the pen with them while talking and hand feeding their veggies. Slowly I have been working on petting them while feeding them and have lured them onto my lap where I gently stroke their face/neck. I don't force them to stay on my lap and let them leave when they feel. Is this okay instead of traditional lap time? What else should I be doing? I just took Luna to the vet for a check up and nail trim and have an appointment for Little Bear tomorrow. Thank you!

Cathryn_03

Cavy Gazer
Your routine is good. Make sure you slowly introduce them to each other so they can play together during lap time. Not forcing them to stay in your lap is a good thing it will help them know your not someone who's going to grab them and make them stay in your lap if they don't want to. I think your doing everything just fine.

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the feedback I was worried I was doing more harm then good. We actually just introduced them two days ago. We actually just introduced them a couple days ago. After one little squabble they had they seen to be getting along well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.