Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Question about amount to buy

teresaintx

Cavy Slave
I'm going to be buying fleece to use in a 2x4 cage. I want to make at least 2 liners but wonder if someone with the same size cage could tell me about how much I'll need to buy. I want it to cover the sides of the corollary enough to prevent burrowing. The amount of fleece needed per liner would be aweso, please and thank you. :)

I have a 2x5 and bought 2.5 yds.

You can do the math to figure out exactly how much you need. Width should be fine as they are usually 60 inches wide. Measure your base and add the width of the walls (mine are six kn high so I added 12 inches to my total). Then figure out how many yards that is.

Rectangle 1: Length and width of base of cage
Rectangle 2: Length should be 2 x (length + width of base). Width should be 2 x height of coroflute wall.

Sew the length (long side) of rectangle 2 all the way around rectangle 1. Sew together the short sides of rectangle 2.
Voila! Liner is now a fitted liner that will not budge!

Thank you BFGuru. That should have been obvious but my brain doesn't seem to be functioning properly today lol

Also thank you grace&piggies. That probably would have been the next question and again should have been fairly obvious but I'm sure it wouldn't have been for me.

Last edited:
Oh I am the last to work out how on any diy project. Hopefully my instructions make sense!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.