Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Putting two pieces of coroplast together

SparkyTucker69

Cavy Slave
Right now I have a 2x4 C&C cage that houses one boar (soon to be two, my new guy is in quarantine). I also have an old 2x3 piece of coroplast that I want to use to add a 2x1 kitchen area to my cage, but how exactly do I go about doing that? Thanks.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
If you have more grids just make the loft the way you would the bottom level. There are different ways you can go about making a loft. For instance my loft sits inside the bottom grids on 2 wooden dowels. Like this Putting two pieces of coroplast together the main level I used the connectors the loft I did not I just used alot of zip ties. Then the coroplast sits inside the grids you can't see them but I put grids on the bottom of the loft. Some people just attach the loft grids with the main level grids. Kind of like you would if you had an attched grid stand like mine.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Do you want to add it on as a part of the base? Or as a loft like starthecavy has shown?

SparkyTucker69

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry I should have specified. I want the kitchen to be on the bottom level, so it's like a 2x5 but the kitchen is blocked off.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Then I would just make a box to the size you want then just place it in the cage. I used to have a litter box that I used as a kitchen. I just cut a entrance in to it for the piggies. It would pretty much be the same principle. Just make it into a box of whatever size you want then just make a entrance.

ddrost3

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I made a cage for our two adult guinea pigs out of cloroplast plastic and the cage includes a kitchen area. Since the edges are thin, my guinea pigs like to chew on the edges but this just causes them to choke. the edges I am worried about are about a foot high and barely an inch thin. I have them partially covered with fabric (secured with velcro) now, but I was hoping there would be a cleaner solution? The fabric is already covered in hair and is getting dirty.

Any suggestions would be great?!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
@ddrost3 you should probably make your own thread. The guineapigcagesstore has edging you can put over the coroplast sides.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.