Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Preventing odor

hbrens

Cavy Slave
My piggies cage is in my room. Well ventilated. I use carefresh odor bedding, and have a hepa air filter as well.

Would it be okay to have a baking soda box open somewhere around the cage area to prevent odor? I read that on another piggie forum, but want to make sure its safe x

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Jadyn

Cavy Slave
My piggies cage is in my room. Well ventilated. I use carefresh odor bedding, and have a hepa air filter as well.

Would it be okay to have a baking soda box open somewhere around the cage area to prevent odor? I read that on another piggie forum, but want to make sure its safe x

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Do you clean it weekly with pet safe bleach?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

SandyPig

Cavy Slave
Yes. I hate the way Carefresh smells. But it does its job well so I keep using it. I mix it with Aspen shavings which smell better but need the wet spots scooped out very often. Anyone know a Carefresh-like product that smells better?

Jeff williams

Cavy Gazer
You can try so phresh bedding looks just like carefresh bought some to hold me over till my fleece liners come in

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Wood pellets are the absolute best at odor control. I change mine about once every four months, and the cage never smells unless I leave peed-on hay in there too long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.