Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Presenting myself

cuylover

Cavy Slave
Hello guys! My name it's Rocío aka "cuylover". Currently I don't have any but I would like to get one as a pet. I was born and raised in Perú, a place where we aren't use to see this beautiful animals as a pets. I can't judge people who consider them just food (like chicken, pork or cow) , it's art of our traditions, even before Inca Times. What I don't agree with it's the cruelty some people use to accomplish it. The Cuy (as we call them there) deserves the respect that other animals do, even those who are currently just for eating.

Now that I live in Switzerland, I've got the chance to see another site of this beautiful animal and I think would be the perfect pet for my husband and I. We don't have much space but we are willing to make it for our future guineapig. Hope you can help me to find out more about this lovely animal. Thanks!

jenniwat001

Cavy Slave
Welcome! This site is great, it has all the information you need to make a great life for your future guinea pig. Once you have all the information please adopt your guinea pig and a friend of the same sex. I know that Switerland are big on animal welfare and have lots of animal rescues for you to choose from. Best of luck!

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC! This is a great site to get a lot of information. Just cruise around and don't let it get to overwhelming. I would suggest adopting as there are many in need of homes.

You should get two as well. They are happier in pairs. Rescues will usually only adopt out in pairs as well especially if you don't already have one.

Check out the cage size recommendations and also the diet and nutrition section. There is a sticky in the nutrition section with veggie charts on how often to feed certain veggies. It's a great resource.

cuylover

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much for the replies and suggestions! I'm informing myself :p and yeah, now here in Switzerland there's a law, where this kind of animals you should and can be only adopted-bought in pairs. The same with hamsters, little rabbits, etc!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.