Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Please sign this petition to help stop cedar bedding from being sold!

Thanks so much everyone!

This-lil-piggy: You can make your own petition on that site! If you do, post it here and I will sign it and probably other people will sign it too!

324, and 2798, I hope this goes somewhere, wouldn't that be something if it actually work. Keep up the good work everyone!

mistake, not meant to post this post, hit wrong key.

I was wondering if it really worked. I have been checking out https://www.congress.org/congressorg/issuesaction/alertlist/
and (broken link removed) for animal rights and welfare. This gives you an opportunity to write to the legislators and congressmen. This is where I think we can make a difference.
We can also try to hook up with other organizations fighting for animal rights and welfare and follow their petitions to sign and promote to others.
Google is a great way to find many of these organizations.

#331 and #2803

Hope it works!

Please also try and help by signing this petition-
(broken link removed)
It is to help get petsmart from selling live animals. They don't care about the animals, they only care about making money. The animals are suffering and even when they do get *bought* (shudder) they are just going to be replaced with another.. PLUS they are taking a home away from a shelter animal! I was #2767!

What number were you???
I dont completely agree with the statement " Petsmart doesnt care about the animals,they only care about making money" There are MANY pet stores that dont care! You cant base what you see going on at one petsmart and judge all the other stores for thier rotten behavior towards animals. I just want to state that I am close to a petdepot here in NY. I go there often to buy bedding and food and treats and lots of other stuff. I wanted to say that out of any place I have ever seen...They are FANTASTIC at taking care of the animals!!!! Large cages and all that I see posted on this site and many other sites about the feeding and water was met and IS met at this store. I know that there are other stores that do not have a clue, But we can not judge ALL stores because of the bad ones...so when we seea store that does not take care of the animals properly...I say we list the store name and location and not judge all petco,petsmart,petdepo...because of that one lousy manager who doesnt care!! Because there are good managers who care about pets and how they live and how they are cared for. Its interesting to see exactly how much the people that work at the pet depot here know about all of the pets. I Love them and the way they treat thier pets!!

Goodluck I am number 333!

I dont completely agree with the statement " Petsmart doesnt care about the animals,they only care about making money" There are MANY pet stores that dont care! You cant base what you see going on at one petsmart and judge all the other stores for thier rotten behavior towards animals....I say we list the store name and location and not judge all petco,petsmart,petdepo
I say we DO judge them.

Even the petstores that keep their animals in fabulous conditions do not care about the animals. Why, you ask?

Because
-They get their animals from irresponsible breeders. Good breeders of any type of animal care where their animals go. They would NEVER consider selling thier animals to a petstore because they have no way of knowing what kind of home they go to or what kind of care they would get. Those breeders are only about money.

-Petstores do not care what type of home the animals they sell go to. I can walk into any petstore that sells animals, plunk my money on the counter and walk out with any animal I point to. The stores do not do home checks or vet referances.

-Petstores routinely sell inadequate cages, dangerous foods, treats and suppliments and hazardous toys. It's right on their shelves for anyone who cares to look.

examples of awful cavy supplies:
Cages with less then even 2 square feet, cages with wire bottoms, cages with improper ventilation;
Food with colored bits, seed, nuts, animal byproducts and cancer causing preservatives;
Vitamin/mineral drops for their water;
Salt licks;
Seed treat sticks, yogurt drops;
Balls, wheels, harnesses.
Cedar bedding (like this thread is about)

I could go on and on but I think I got my point across.

Pet stores also only show their healthier animals on display, the sick ones are in the back. If anyone wants to feed their snake, they can go in and ask for the sick animals or any from the back instead of the stock in front. They are often sold at a better price. Talk to a snake owner or someone who use to own one, sometime, they can tell you all about it.

Lharmonie- What is the name of that store and where is it located exactly? I'd love to check it out and ask them where they supply their animals and see exactly what they sell.

I am # 334 and 2806. Good luck!

Number 337 for the bedding and 2810 for the live animals. Wish the live animals one was adding up faster, perhaps we should all forward it to a few friends...

I was also #2814 for the petsmart one.

I've never seen this for sale in the UK thankfully. I hope the petition works.

#341 for the Cedar and #2816 for the PetsMart ~ Thanks for sharing this with us!!!

Pestmart: 2819
Cedar: 344

#346 horray we're all making a difference!

Cedar:347
Petsmart:2823

You got my signature on both....I am #'s 348 and 2824!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.