Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Stores Picture Showing Guinea Pig Wearing Harness & Leash

Unfortunately with a big company such as Superpet, an email isn't going to do much. I think any harness for a small animal is stupid, and shouldn't be used. But these companies make their money by promoting these products. You can send an email if you like, but it won't do much good. There would have to be proven facts shown to the company or have something go very wrong on a massive scale in order to even provoke something like a recall.

Quick update, they have emailed me back and have changed the picture to only show a ferret! They did not add the warning for use with Guinea Pigs I requested but maybe the picture being taken down is enough?

@Tobias2189 thanks for taking the time to send them an email. The changing of the picture is a small step but at least it's something. I just cringe when I see them selling those stupid harnesses. Seeing the rat and rabbit in a harness is just so upsetting. I have never had a ferret but I do have rats and I could not imagine putting a harness on any of them. The rabbit on a harness is so frightening because of their fragile backs. If a person has the need to walk an animal outside, for heavens sake, then get a dog. They actually enjoy a nice walk outside.
I haven't had a ferret either, but they're a lot more like cats than other small animals, since they're carnivores. They're constantly curious and they can get into pretty much anything, so I can see a harness being a safety measure outside of their normal home, even if you don't take them outdoors. Most of the harnesses made for ferrets are pretty flimsy though, so I worry that they're too easy to escape from.

Wow, did they really? Most companies will ignore small pleas like yours. That's really great. :)

I just got my first set of piggies and the workers know nothing about the about the animals they are selling people. I went to get a hamster and they explained that the aren't socialized will bite. Then suggested that we get "a" guinea pig and showed us the guinea "prisons" that they sell told us that they are great for families with children. So we get him and I'm asked about the the harness you bet the packaging said it was for ferrets and rabbits and she didn't know anything else thank goodness for google because as soon as I typed in the question Google was like no never do that that's horrible for them. But I wasn't told what the really needed. Lucky for that little guinea I got him because i care and I was attaced instantly looked up as much as I could in one night. Realize I had nothing that would give him a good a quality of life. So I got him a bigger cage with a play pen attached and got a buddy for him. My whole Dinning room has become there New room. I'm still looking to expand their space larger.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.