Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Stores Petstore pigs- moved from the Buying Pigs in Petstores thread

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
BTW I got 3 100 lb pigs ouside right now. And one get slaughtered on tuesday. Any problems with that.
What is wrong with you?! You're the only person attacking people! People are on here for a good cause : to help people learn to take care of their guinea pigs.
And why did you bring up about slaughtering pigs?! If you don't like the site or have problems with it, then you are you still here?

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
BTW I got 3 100 lb pigs ouside right now. And one get slaughtered on tuesday. Any problems with that.

At least it's been hopefully treated better then any pig in a factory that's going to a slaughter house.

Anymore childish comments that contribute nothing to the argument?

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
You do know there are other problems with the world dont you? Who are you to asume that pig rescueing is the only good deed anyone can do.
No one ever said that rescuing guinea pigs was the only good deed.

I for one rescue guinea pigs, serve in the military, sponsor a foreign child, waitress, -and- volunteer at Animal Services.

It seems you pig people heres only life revolves around attacking ppl who do see things your way.
Judging by even just the things I listed above, it is safe to say that my life definitely does NOT revolve around attacking people. I'm 99.9% positive no one on here has a life that does.

And that is a sad life to live.

Yes, it would be. I'm pretty sure that people who spend their lives plotting attacks on people with views different from theirs are called "terrorists".

magicaldreamr89

Cavy Slave
What is wrong with you?! You're the only person attacking people! People are on here for a good cause : to help people learn to take care of their guinea pigs.
And why did you bring up about slaughtering pigs?! If you don't like the site or have problems with it, then you are you still here?

Well first i dont have a problem withte site . I have a problem with people being crappy when all I said was even pet store piggies deserve a home and if I couldnt find a homeless one I would buy one from a petstore. Then I get Blah Blah Blah your the problem. please excuse the blah blah I dont really remember what they said. thou I got one piggy from a lady today and It was not from a petstore. What I was throwing fuel on the fire maybe it would shut up there whining.

magicaldreamr89

Cavy Slave
No one ever said that rescuing guinea pigs was the only good deed.

I for one rescue guinea pigs, serve in the military, sponsor a foreign child, waitress, -and- volunteer at Animal Services.

Judging by even just the things I listed above, it is safe to say that my life definitely does NOT revolve around attacking people. I'm 99.9% positive no one on here has a life that does.

Yes, it would be. I'm pretty sure that people who spend their lives plotting attacks on people with views different from theirs are called "terrorists".

hAVE I POSTED TO YOU? i dont remember your name so im guessing its not about you. ha and doesnt the milltary kill people. so i guess save a piggy kill a human

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
You CAN and SHOULD help homeless pets (and piggies specifically), by doing your part - not buying anything from pet stores, educating people about proper guinea pig care, and perhaps fostering pets or donating to a rescue in your area.

You're right. The laws won't change unless we all do something about it. It may not be a quick, easy effort, but at least there is an effort. Doing your share helps.

While the pigs in petstores do need homes just like every other piggy, most pet stores are not the wonderful, correctly educating establishments they are cracked up to be. Although I feel bad for every single homeless piggy out there, I feel especially sympathetic about those poor, innocent mothers who live their lives producing litter after litter with no proper care or loving home and die doing what they are forced to do. Even if all piggies need a home, those that are tortured, forced to give birth time after time, shouldn't have to. They deserve loving homes where they are happy. And I would give anything to see that every piggy had proper care and a loving family. Wouldn't you?

So that's why we're all against pet stores. I only wish that you could see that there really are things you can do, and that if every person sees our point and agrees, we CAN make a difference.

I do my part - even though I did buy from a petstore (without knowing what a mistake I was making), I convince others NOT to buy and to adopt instead. I foster guinea pigs for a local rescue and have started an organization to support and provide for small animals in shelters. I write care guides and give them to people who adopt the pigs I foster. I go to my local pet store and persuade people looking to buy that they should adopt instead. I leave my [anonymous] care guides at pet stores in the racks they keep their crappy care guides in. I take the very best care of my guinea pigs that I can, and teach others how to do so as well.

I do my part, and so can you. It's not hard at all.

Now it's up to you.

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Well first i dont have a problem withte site . I have a problem with people being crappy when all I said was even pet store piggies deserve a home and if I couldnt find a homeless one I would buy one from a petstore. Then I get Blah Blah Blah your the problem. please excuse the blah blah I dont really remember what they said. thou I got one piggy from a lady today and It was not from a petstore. What I was throwing fuel on the fire maybe it would shut up there whining.
So you thought that mentioning slaughtering pigs would make everything better?
All guinea pigs ( and all animals ) deserve a good home but the people here are only trying to explain to you why it is wrong to buy out of a pet shop.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave

Pardon me while I try to read through the poor grammer, punctuation and mass amount of spelling errors.

You were only given examples on how to find a homeless pig and why it's better to adopt. The only time that you were considered part of the problem was when you pretty much said that you can't do or change anything and that there will be no change. And then the insults from you became more frequent.

Hope you enjoy you're bacon and heart disease.

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
hAVE I POSTED TO YOU? i dont remember your name so im guessing its not about you. ha and doesnt the milltary kill people. so i guess save a piggy kill a human
People have the right to post here and speak their minds if they want.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave

Tessa and any member on here has every right to post if they want.

She is fighting for our country thank you very much!

I find this post very offensive, shame on you.

magicaldreamr89

Cavy Slave
At least it's been hopefully treated better then any pig in a factory that's going to a slaughter house.

Anymore childish comments that contribute nothing to the argument?

Ya it probally was because bacon was raise indoor most of his life. It shouldnt make anyone mad god gave us food and thats what he is. I knew it when I bottle fed him and I know it now.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
You do know there are other problems with the world dont you? Who are you to asume that pig rescueing is the only good deed anyone can do. It seems you pig people heres only life revolves around attacking ppl who do see things your way. And that is a sad life to live.

I feel bad for you. Not only do you really underestimate yourself, you seem to feel the need to gain confidence by egging people on. If you would just open your mind to our comments, you might see that there is a lot of truth in what we say.

We don't attack people, we try to convince people. If you can't see that, then you better get your eyes checked or something.

We believe the things we believe because they're TRUE! You'd better see this video: PetSmart Cruelty // Now Playing On PetSmart Cruelty TV

If you're an animal slaughterer, then this really isn't the place for you. Maybe a forum suited for single-minded, immature animal killers would be better.

Hopefully I've shed some light.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
magicaldreamr89, you need to calm down and tone down your responses and you attitude before you end up cavy caged. You are acting in a manner that is unsuitable, you are being argumentative, rude and insulting to others.

And please stop posting one post after another. You can edit a post for up to 10 minutes to add more.

Edit: Everyone, please don't start acting like moderators. Leave the citing of the rules to us. If you have a problem with a post, please report it and let us mods deal with it. Thank you.

Last edited:

magicaldreamr89

Cavy Slave
Pardon me while I try to read through the poor grammer, punctuation and mass amount of spelling errors.

You were only given examples on how to find a homeless pig and why it's better to adopt. The only time that you were considered part of the problem was when you pretty much said that you can't do or change anything and that there will be no change. And then the insults from you became more frequent.

Hope you enjoy you're bacon and heart disease.

Come on were you even in the begining of this discusion? You know my whole family will enjoy the bacon. but really we like beef and deer meat more. If you cant read it dont reply. Let me know when any animal laws change. ha

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
hAVE I POSTED TO YOU? i dont remember your name so im guessing its not about you... and doesnt the milltary kill people. so i guess save a piggy kill a human

You've posted on a public forum, I'm a member here, and you said "you pig people"... so yeah, you seem to be including anyone and everyone who may come across your posts. If you meant to talk to just one or two people, there is this thing called private messaging... and also the method of refraining from generalizing.

No, war isn't a pretty thing... but nonetheless I fight for your right to say horrible offensive things such as the junk you're flooding everyone with on here.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Off-topic Notice: Let's please get back to the original poster's topic! If you want to continue this off-topic discussion, please start a new thread.

This thread has nothing to do with slaughtering, the military or any of the stuff that magicaldreamr89 is now posting. It has to do with buying pigs in petstores.

magicaldreamr89

Cavy Slave
I feel bad for you. Not only do you really underestimate yourself, you seem to feel the need to gain confidence by egging people on. If you would just open your mind to our comments, you might see that there is a lot of truth in what we say.

We don't attack people, we try to convince people. If you can't see that, then you better get your eyes checked or something.

We believe the things we believe because they're TRUE! You'd better see this video: PetSmart Cruelty // Now Playing On PetSmart Cruelty TV

If you're an animal slaughterer, then this really isn't the place for you. Maybe a forum suited for single-minded, immature animal killers would be better.

Hopefully I've shed some light.

I understand everything but yall keep coming to say the same old stuff. And I only slaughter to feed my family. What do yall feed yours? Whats wrong with eating meat? Now did someone say get my eyes checked thats a little funny because Im actually blind in one eye. And my local petstore is not a PetSmart. Its called The Feed Bag.

magicaldreamr89

Cavy Slave
You've posted on a public forum, I'm a member here, and you said "you pig people"... so yeah, you seem to be including anyone and everyone who may come across your posts. If you meant to talk to just one or two people, there is this thing called private messaging... and also the method of refraining from generalizing.

No, war isn't a pretty thing... but nonetheless I fight for your right to say horrible offensive things such as the junk you're flooding everyone with on here.

Just to let you know i dont support killing people i hate the army. I guess ill stop talking about themillatary because the mod gets mad when i say it.lol

magicaldreamr89

Cavy Slave
Off-topic Notice: Let's please get back to the original poster's topic! If you want to continue this off-topic discussion, please start a new thread.

This thread has nothing to do with slaughtering, the military or any of the stuff that magicaldreamr89 is now posting. It has to do with buying pigs in petstores.

Since Im only supose to put up one post every 10 minutes tell me how to quote multiple people please

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I said this thread needs to get back ON TOPIC. I don't want to have to say it again because the next time it will come with infractions to anyone that does not heed this warning.

NO more discussion of eating meat, military, slaughtering or any of that stuff. That does not belong in this thread.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.