Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to Order? Pet Food Direct

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
Does anyone here order their pet food (guinea pigs, dogs, cats, etc.) from Pet Food Direct? I've heard that there are ways to get discounts and free shipping through some kind of promotional codes, but I don't see anything about this on their website, does anyone know? Also, if anyone here does order, does the food arrive fresh and in good condition?

For promotional codes, go to (broken link removed) and type in Pet Food Direct.

I have been using PetFood Direct for about a year. If you register with their site you will start getting emails once a week or so. They run discount days (often 22% off, sometimes 20%) very often, so I wait for the emails and then order. I buy aspen bedding and Oxbow pellets from them. Shipping is costly, but with the discounted prices it comes out to a bit cheaper than the retail pet shop prices. Free shipping is only available through a partnership they have with another company, and you have to join the other company's deal and pay an annual fee I believe.

I was thinking about ordering dry dog/cat food, but I am concerned about how they mail it. What if they deliver it on a rainy day and leave it on the porch or something, wouldn't the food get soaked? Does anyone know if this happens or how they avoid it?

I'd think that'd be up to your delivery person.

PS if you shop through igive.com or goodsearch.com , they will donate a percentage of your purchase to a charity. There are some guinea pig rescues on them.

CavySpirit is one rescue that can be donated to through igive. Not sure if she has anything through goodsearch or not.

I checked PetFoodDirect for Oxbow hay, and they're 78% higher than Oxbow sold it for directly. I can't handle that.

I've just researched alternatives, and KM seems to be the best bet now. Essentially, whenever you can buy direct from the company, you're gonna cut out the middle man. Shipping costs will be, at best, the same.

I've only bought dog food and treats at PetFoodDirect with the 22% off coupon code they send regularly. I have been very happy with them as the food is always fresh and extremely well packaged, they even give free samples with some of your orders. I have not ordered guinea pig supplies from them though. I have always been home when my orders arrive since I don't work, however they always leave the box under the covered porch so as to keep it protected from the elements.

I currently buy my Oxbow pellets and hay from Drs. Foster and Smith. It sounds like you can order Oxbow products direct from the manufacturer based on some of the posts I've read. :confused: I didn't know that so I will have to check that out.

It sounds like you can order Oxbow products direct from the manufacturer based on some of the posts I've read. :confused: I didn't know that so I will have to check that out.

I know Oxbow used to sell directly through their website, but I don't think they do anymore.

Last time I ordered from oxbow I ordered directly through their site. This was a while ago. Now I just order everything through KM.

I went to Oxbow's website and did not see a way to purchase directly from them. Rather, I was directed to 3 websites that sell their products online. One of those sites is where I currently buy my Oxbow products from. I may just have to stick with that as I haven't seen any better alternatives. :unsure:

Oxbow no longer sells products direct. You have to buy locally or via the links on their site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.