Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Peeing in cozy

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
So I just finished making my piggie her cozy sack and what does she do? Pees in it! (yay me).

Do most people wash them after every use and have tons of them hanging around or do they lets their pigs pee in them for a couple of days then wash them a few times a week?

I don't want to be gross and let he constantly pee in them (which is why I only plan on using it for floor time) becasue I live in an apartment and have to pay a 1.60 to wash and another 1.60 to dry and I can't afford to pay that everyday to clean the thing.

I suppose I could hand wash it, but then it will take a while to air dry. Lose lose situation. :(

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
I wash mine with the rest of the pig laundry, about once a week. If they're cuddle cup or cozy saks are absolutely saturated, I'll swap them out for another one and just leave the old one in the laundry room until wash day. I'm a total cozy sak junkie, I think the count is up to 10, so I have several to swap in and out.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I don't have a sewing maching in my apartment yet so I have to wait when I can take a break from class work and go home and visit my mother to get one. I just made one today with Finding Nemo print.

I know my mother said she wanted to make one for each season, so maybe I can work her up to one for each holiday too! :D

I have her out for floor time now and she is so cute running in and out of it and pulling it all over the place. I've NEVER seen her so active outside of her cage before. lol

veganmunkee

Cavy Slave
how do you sew up a cozy i can't figure out how to attach the fabric to the fleece without having the thread show?? detailed instructions would be great!!

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Place the two pieces of outer fabric with the right sides facing each other so that you sewing it from the inside. Place the fleece on top of that and then sew the four pieces together along the edges. When you are done, turn it right side out again so the seams are on the insides.

That is a really simple version and won't be finished looking but it will do the trick.

If the thread is showing your stitches are too tight.

Amethyst

Cavy Slave
I sewed my cozies from the instructions on this site: Cozy by LilyGrace
I found them pretty easy to make, and they look great!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.