Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Normal behavior?

Jakek

Cavy Slave
I have two male guinea pigs in a 2X4 cage. What would be normal behavior? I'm also a little worried about there weights. They are:

2lbs 2 1/2 oz
2lbs 1/4 oz

Please tell me what there no behavior is. If I left anything out just ask me. Thank you.

They don't fight with each other.

Last edited:

LilPig

Cavy Slave
Two males will usually rumblestrut and mount every so often but being lazy one minute and then tearing through the cage doing zoomies isn't out of the question. I don't know about the weights, they seem quite normal and if they're not fighting I wouldn't worry. Usually adults are a bit laid back (they're adults right? I am guessing by the weights).
Is there something they're doing that concerns you?

Jakek

Cavy Slave
It's normal for there to be one who is dominant right? Because one seems a lot smaller than the other which is normal?

pinky

Cavy Slave
My two males are really laid back. I hear them click their teeth once in awhile if the other one bothers them but there is never any mounting or chasing. One is a senior and the other is a neutered male. They eat side by side but don't sleep next to each other. They just sort of coexist together with no fussing. They are also in a 2 x 4 which is fine for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.