Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables NONE of my pigs will eat carrot?

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone !
I see a lot of people saying how much their piggies love carrots.
I have six sows and none of them will go anywhere near carrots!
I tried feeding them all a bit of carrot like twice a week but they eat all of their other veggies but not carrots.
I'm nearly sure that all the home they were from before feed them carrots.
Maybe they just got sick of them?
Is this normal?

My sows don't eat carrots much. It's fine as carrots aren't the best to feed anyway. My boars love carrots though and pick them out first to eat them.

My boars love carrots too. They have little tug-a-wars sometimes over them because they both want it so bad before they realize they each get one. When I hand it to them, the one who gets it first, takes it, lifts their head up, and runs to the opposite corner of the cage..it's that "important" veggie treat they must eat in secrecy.

Hmmm....maybe its a boar thing??

All of my pigs love carrots, it's a rare treat for them. But I have noticed the boars seem to like them more than the sows...interesting!

But if your sows don't like them at all, then that's actually good, since carrots have pretty much no nutritional value for pigs and are high in sugar.

My boar LOVES carrots its a rare treat for him but when he does get one he plays tug-of-war with me. He is alittle ham when he finally gets it because he runs into the corner of the room and eats it and watches me so intently to make sure I don't go after "his" carrot. :)

Gosh my sow LOVES carrots!

My boys loved carrots, but now they don't like it anymore. Same thing with the green peppers: first they loved it, now they just won't touch it.
Which is a good thing, since carrots are not the best thing for them to eat.

My boars LOVE carrots also. They are probably like people, we all get tired of certain foods and some foods we just don't like. So maybe they just don't like carrots.

I gave them all some carrot tonight. But they all just looked at it like the carrots were stones or something!
Some of the pigs nibbled thme for a while and then just went back to what they were doing before!
Pigs are so weird... lol

My boar LOVES carrots its a rare treat for him but when he does get one he plays tug-of-war with me. He is alittle ham when he finally gets it because he runs into the corner of the room and eats it and watches me so intently to make sure I don't go after "his" carrot. :)

That's almost the exact same thing I said. LOL

Thats funny. Cause my four girls LOVE carrots. They do a mad rush for them. It's like the day after Thanksgiving. Though they only get them a couple times a week.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.