Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Non-veternarian remedies for possible cold/respiratory infection? Advice appreciated!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Bah, I found a decent amount of very teeny poos this morning. Smaller than I've ever seen. Should I start syringe feeding water? How much should I do at a time/how often?

I think it would be a good idea to call the vet. There's definitely something going on in his digestive system. The vet can give subcue fluids which do wonders for re-hydrating a pig.

You can syringe water, but you have to be really, really careful. You do not want him to aspirate any water into his lungs.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
++++1 @foggycreekcavy
I definitely would get him into the vet to get some fluids in him.

BernieAndBert

Cavy Slave
Happy to report that Bernie has been off his meds for a week now and seems to be doing really well! No more sneezing/mucus/crusties. He dropped around an ounce while on the meds, but hopefully he will gain that back soon. I'm keeping a close eye. Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and share the good news :D

313885_10200134524421012_1320761434_n.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.