Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C new c&c!! have some questions!

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Okay so yesterday i got a 2x5 with a loft. They love the extra space. I put a fleece curtain zip tied to the loft for their hide out under the loft. their water bottle is their also. They were popcorning all night. they love zooming up the ramp down the ramp in the hide out out ofn the hideout. its so cool. So any way question time: my dad got 12 inch corro for the back cause we have a baby who climbs to get stuff on the back wall. how much fleece do i need to go over this side and all the others. I'm thinking 2 yards? Also how many pounds of wood pellets do i need to fill it and where can i get some? And of course ill try to get some photos of the cage!

YinYangPiggies

Cavy Slave
I would say 2.5 yards. Thats what I got for my 2x5. You will need more if you include the loft. Not sure about the pellets.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
I would say 2.5 yards. Thats what I got for my 2x5. You will need more if you include the loft. Not sure about the pellets.
okay thanks. So about three yards if i include the loft? i think ill just use scraps like i do now cause i have a narrow loft. And btw love your name! I had mice and their nicknames were Yin and Yang cause of the way they slept together and they were total oppesites lol.

YinYangPiggies

Cavy Slave
okay thanks. So about three yards if i include the loft? i think ill just use scraps like i do now cause i have a narrow loft. And btw love your name! I had mice and their nicknames were Yin and Yang cause of the way they slept together and they were total oppesites lol.

If you have a narrow 1x2 loft then yes 3 yards should be enough.

Thanks! My two girls are opposites in every way, smooth white american, spiky black Abby, night & day personalities too!

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
If you have a narrow 1x2 loft then yes 3 yards should be enough.

Thanks! My two girls are opposites in every way, smooth white american, spiky black Abby, night & day personalities too!

okay thanks!!! And thats so cute. Im guessing their names are Yin and Yang or are those their nicknames?

YinYangPiggies

Cavy Slave
okay thanks!!! And thats so cute. Im guessing their names are Yin and Yang or are those their nicknames?

No those aren't their names, we got them & different times & put it together later ;-)
they are Coconut & Wyldstlye.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
If you are using pellets for the whole cage I would say two 40lb bags. I like American choice pellets, i get the from a local feed store. I know tractor supply doesn't sell that brand they have another. You can try the store find for that brand or try another brand. (broken link removed)

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
You can get wood pellets at some hardware stores, or feed stores.

My boys are total opposites too. Bacon is laid back, dominant, and big, and poor Eggs is skittish, submissive, and small. I'm guessing he was the runt of the litter because I saw his brothers and sisters, and they were much bigger than him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.