Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Need help with cage size

PBPaws

Cavy Slave
Hello! I've looked but have not found a set cage size minimum. So I was wondering if I connected two All Living Things Easy Access Guinea Pig Habitats together, would that be enough space for two piggies. I'm putting a link to the cage so you can see it for yourself. I have looked into C&C cages but I am terrible at making things and I already have one of these cages so I am trying to see if it is big enough. Thank you for your help in advance!

link:
(broken link removed)

Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You could get a much nicer cage here for less money: https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/. You can remodel it as necessary and/or desired, and your purchase helps to support this board.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Yes, combining 2 of those would be 94 in. x 24 in., which is almost a 2 x7 C&C (4 inches more narrow) cage and would okay for 2 pigs. However, I think you'd be able to get something similar in size for a much cheaper price... if you go the C&C cage route. Also, depending on how well your guinea pig pair gets along, a wider cage could really benefit them. I wouldn't really recommend keeping guinea pigs in a cage that is not as wide or wider than 2 grids, or 28 inches. That cage you have is 4 inches more narrow than 2 grids.

A C&C can be anywhere from $20-70, although this is just a rough estimate and it really depends on where you get your supplies and the size of the cage you want. There are many tutorials online and it's very simple. You can also buy a pre-made cage at the GuineaPigCagesStore. You're looking at spending $150+ if you decide to go with the 2 Guinea Pig Habitats. I'm certain you can get a 3.5x7 C&C for much less, maybe even for half of that price.

PBPaws

Cavy Slave
Ok thank you very much guys! I found one on the guineapigcage website and it looks perfect! I will absolutely look into it!

Shieme

Cavy Slave
I got a Midwest cage for less than half that price. My next cage is either from the site bpatters said or I will try to do another c&c cage. I don't need a lid since I have no other pets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.