Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Mysterious multiple red wounds on back.

Nikiguineapig

Cavy Slave
Hi. So I thought this was a bite wound on my new baby guinea pig. (I got him last week. With his twin brother). But he has these wounds all over him! I counted at least 4. All on his back. He isn’t acting strange. He is eating and acting himself.
From your experience is this a bite mark or fungal infection? His brother does not have it. I am not sure the soonest possibility I can take him to a vet, so I just want to know if I have to be concerned that it’s a bite mark or not 9741C364-EC58-4879-8E4D-ABC8AE9E3F02.jpgD97EB599-8FA2-4F9D-97C9-1DAC8CAFD41D.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Looks more like bite marks to me. But they don't look fresh.

Was he housed with more pigs than just his brother before you got him? And in how large a space?

How old is he?

Nikiguineapig

Cavy Slave
Looks more like bite marks to me. But they don't look fresh.

Was he housed with more pigs than just his brother before you got him? And in how large a space?

How old is he?

No, as far as I know he has only been with his brother. He is 2 months old, and his space is a 2x3 ( I know it is small, I will expand once they get older. I just don't have the room as of right now to expand.)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The space just isn't large enough, and you're likely to have continuing problems until you get it enlarged.

tcole1019

Cavy Slave
Looks like bite marks... even his brother can bite him if the cage is too small and the other is trying to assert dominance. Mine are doing the same thing... I even had to separate them because one of mine is a bully. If you don't have room for a bigger cage, build it up and make more levels. It's really easy to do. Mine is a 5x2 with a 2x2 left but you can make multiple levels and it won't take up too much floor space.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.