Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My preganant pig thread has gone!

gazmorton2000

Cavy Slave
So here it is again. Hope I didnt say anything wrong in the last one. Oh and BTW the person who PM'd me, It has also gone without me reading it so please send it again :)....many thanks. Anyways, just dropped roger off at the vets to be neutred. Hope he is ok. I am going to do a little work on the cage today. All 3 of my pigs are still very nervous and scurry off and hide when I go anywhere near. Does trust just take time?? Like I say I dont know where my account went but hope I didnt do anything wrong.

Gareth

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
T (our administrator) is moving the forum and galleries over to a new host so some recent posts have disappeared. It's nothing you did; you would have been PM'ed by a Mod or T if you broke the rules or if it was inappropriate etc.

Trust does take time. Some piggies take a good 3 or 4 months to stop running away from you each time you approach them. Just take it easy with them and try as hard as you can to go at their rate. It's difficult to resist their gorgeous little lips and silky hair but the more you push them the more they resist. Just give them time and they will come round.

gazmorton2000

Cavy Slave
Okee doke. Thanks for the advice. Just what I wanted to hear. roger is still ad the vets! should be done by now. he he. Poor fella. He's only half the man he was!

Gareth

Giplet

Cavy Slave
All the posts that I did yesterday have disappeared too. I thought I had gone crazy and imagined doing it all. Anyways, I read your thread yesterday and this is what I remember, just in case you can't remember it all.

You need to keep Roger seperated from the girls for a good 4 or 5 weeks after the op.

You need to put horizontal grids on top of the vertical ones that are separating him from the girls, because his urges to get in with the girls may be enough to help drive him up and over the grids - horizontal ones will stop this athletic behaviour. However, this may be unnecessary now, because he will probably too sluggish after the op to jump over grids.

Good luck with him, hopefully he'll recover quickly. Give him lots of TLC

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
You may want to check on Guinea Lynx for how long to keep Roger separated from your girl pigs. I've heard conflicting reports on how long to keep them separated - some say as little as 2 or 3 weeks.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
I replied to your pregnant pig thread and I thought I had gone crazy today when it had disappeared! I thought I had dreamed it all, and was loosing my marbles:crazy:

So glad to hear that I can stop paniking and yes it was real lol.

Check out there links on neutering and pregnancy information:

https://www.cavyspirit.com/neutering.htm

https://www.guinealynx.info/reproduction.html

You have to keep him sepatered for at least 4 weeks I would make it 5 to be safe. This is according to www.cavyspirit.com.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave

muffin

Cavy Slave
Gaz, where in the UK are you? You should really get your pig checked by the vet to make sure she is pregnant before you start feeding her special food, unless she is under 6 months old, as she should get it then too.

gazmorton2000

Cavy Slave
I collected roger yesterday and he seems fine. he is eating and going to the toilet fine which the vet said is what I should watch out for! He now lives alone :weepy: for a few weeks and he cannot get to the girls. I am going to take peanut to the vet so they can have a look at her. Thanks for all the advice so far. Very helpful! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.