Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My guinea pigs love my cat!

barbklis

Cavy Slave
Hi all, so I've recently discovered my guinea pigs have taken a likeing to my cat and my cat has taking a likeing to them. my cat will sit next to the cage and pur and they will lay right up against the side of the sage pretty much against my cat and make there sqeeking noise. I came down this morning and the top to my cage was caved in and i found my cat laying in the corner of the cage with the piggies curlled up with her. i couldnt get my camera quick enough before they took off like "damn you caught us likeing each other" but i did get this picture before i shooed her outta the cage and zipp tied the top on so it couldnt cave it again. Now mind you my cat is only 3 lbs soaking wet so she must have really struggled to get in that cage and cave in the top on it.

Attachments

2013-03-28 12.10.18.jpg
Cute! My girls love my dogs. Its adorable!

My guinea pigs love my cat!My guinea pigs love my cat!

That is soooo cute! If my dog got it the cage with my piggies she would eat them:)

My dogs can't get to the cage as its up on a table and won't try either cause they are pretty old but they do get excited when the piggies get floor time! They are ALWAYS supervised though because even though my dogs are very little (6 and 11 lbs) they are still MUCH bigger than the piggies and I would not want them to be hurt by accident.

My piggy Quinn and my cat SheiKra have some sort of strange interspecies love for each other. When the pigs are in their pool playpen, he loves to jump in there if I'm not looking, and Quinn runs right up to him.

aww that's nice. but always keep an eye out anyway! a cat's hunting/play instinct can be triggered by scampering piggies.

i have a cat too and she's not very interested in them, and neither are they with her. XD

How cute is that! Your guinea pig is almost the size of your dog... :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.