Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Christmas Presents are giving birth o.0

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
So last night my new dog that I got for Christmas gave birth to 4 cute little German Shepard puppies. The vet said they're healthy. Now my new piggy just gave birth to 3 healthy beautiful baby girls.

Shadows_Gold

Cavy Slave
Awwww!! I bet they are bueatiful! I would love to steal one but I can't. I have to see pics!

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Are you purposefully breeding your animals?

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
Are you purposefully breeding your animals?
Since the dog was a christmas present I am assuming she got them on or around christmas day. She said the guinea pig is 'new'. Guinea pigs are pregnant for over 2 months and dogs too, so they would have been pregnant beforehand.

I find it quite disturbing though that this dog is referred to as a christmas present. Were you aware that you were getting this dog for christmas or was it a complete surprise?

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
They were both pregnant when I got them. It was a complete surprise when I saw it.

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
They were both pregnant when I got them. It was a complete surprise when I saw it.

That doesn't really answer Myspolitpiggies's question, and you didn't answer PixieStix's question either.

And how is it that you have 31 guinea pigs? I mean, how did that happen? Just curious..:?:
And if your location thing says "In a house with too "much" animals", then why would someone get you two more animals as christmas gifts?

I also find it very disturbing that someone would give another person a german shepherd for christmas, and that you referred to her as a present. No dog should ever be given as a gift to anybody, ever, but a german shepherd? Thats an awfully awful idea especially for a breed like that. And now you've got four GSD puppies to boot? What are you going to do with 5 german shepherds, b/c in my opinion, five GSD are just too many to have of that breed all at once. Especially since they'd all be family to each other, and four sibling GSD is not a great idea either...

And since you already have 31 cavies, what will you do with 4 more? 35 guinea pigs??? Are you a guinea pig rescue? Also, I don't mean to pester you, but why would anyone give you another guinea pig if you already had 31?? Even if they didn't know that, (which I don't see why they wouldn't know that if you two are close enough for the person to give you a "gift" like that) why didn't you tell them you have 31 guinea pigs? If you have that many, it must be sort of hard not to tell anyone who comes over to your house....or it must be hard not for them to find out on their own.

I'm not getting upset, fyi, I'm just interested in all of those animal's welfare.:love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.