Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Maybe An Older Piggie.

I have two girls but one is paired with my two young (aka immature) boys. And just adorable, who doesn't love a chubby piggy to snuggle with.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Both of them are getting to be a year old, when they turn one I would like to try to bond them again, as the last bonding went really well, but Richie got too close and got nipped.

Both of them are getting to be a year old, when they turn one I would like to try to bond them again, as the last bonding went really well, but Richie got too close and got nipped.

It can be really hard when they go through puberty... Contrary to popular opinion, you sometimes CAN separate during adolescence and rebond them. I did this with my boys (Peanut and Bean) because I could not take all of the humping... With a huge cage and puberty past, they eventually readjusted to each other, only squabbling over food.

Maybe you can temporarily put Blaze with the girl that isn't mommying the adolescents? I don't have a clear picture of how your pigs are split, but considering you have four, it sounds like Blaze would have plenty of opportunities to make friends :)

It can be really hard when they go through puberty... Contrary to popular opinion, you sometimes CAN separate during adolescence and rebond them. I did this with my boys (Peanut and Bean) because I could not take all of the humping... With a huge cage and puberty past, they eventually readjusted to each other, only squabbling over food.

Maybe you can temporarily put Blaze with the girl that isn't mommying the adolescents? I don't have a clear picture of how your pigs are split, but considering you have four, it sounds like Blaze would have plenty of opportunities to make friends :)
It would be the dream to have all 5 together here I'll show you a picture of the cage
Maybe An Older Piggie.
there is one boy and one girl on each side

That's such a cute cage, I love their little sign out front! And the piggies visible in this picture are adorable, too :D

If you have a less dominant boy, Blaze might be able to join that pair... I'm sure CC will be able to help you figure it out, they are amazing!

That's such a cute cage, I love their little sign out front! And the piggies visible in this picture are adorable, too :D

If you have a less dominant boy, Blaze might be able to join that pair... I'm sure CC will be able to help you figure it out, they are amazing!
Yeah I hope so! It is amazing when I got my girls from there one didn't work with Richie, and then we have Vegas who most of the time gets her point across if she is uncomfortable.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.