Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Mamma piggie and babies

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
So, I took in a pregnant piggie, Bryony, and she successfully delivered 2 babies. (2 were born dead, and 2 were born alive). The babies are 3 weeks old, and thank goodness, they are both girls, so they can stay with Mamma. Now, I have 3 cages of girls-1 set is older and more settled, 1 cage is adolescent and a little snippy with each other, and the 3rd set I haven't gotten yet. I'm wondering if I should put Bryony in with the older, settled set of girls? How will the babies do? Will they be picked on, or tolerated? What about when the babies become adolescents, and want to do laps? Bryony would do well with that group, but I'm not sure about the babies. Any ideas or suggestions? I think Bryony would appreciate some conversation and companionship other than the babies.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I think I'd leave them with mom unless or until you see some issues between them. Many mother/daughter pigs live peacefully and happily together for years.

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I agree with @Paula, you can leave mommy and babies together...curious - do you have any pigtures?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.