Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Looking For Ways to Keep Them Entertained

mtk2000

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone,

These last couple weeks have been extremely stressful for me and I don't feel like my two guinea pigs have gotten the attention they did before the holidays. While I'm at school during the day I want my two girls to stay occupied and not get into trouble (biting the cage). Although they get plenty of lap time and attention while I do my homework, I want them to have more "fun." I was hoping someone could suggest some things I could do to keep they entertained while I'm away part of the day. Thank you in advance!

That's a great question! I feel the same way, I feel like they're bored while I'm gone. I try to keep toys and things in there to keep them engaged.

I love when I hear this question! I swear I'm the queen of DIY toys when it comes to my piggies lol

I would sit here and type all of the things I use, but the ladies and the CaliCavyCollective have posted tutorials for everything I also do.

I'll just post the link to the accessories section and you can have a little scroll and see what you like!

(broken link removed)

Move things around in their cage. Every time I do that, it's like a new adventure for them and they immediately start checking things out. I have three cages and move toys from one cage to another so they notice the scent of the others. They love that, too. Even if I'm busy, I'll whistle and they all start wheeking and running to the side of the cage. It doesn't take much to amuse them. I have assorted PVC pipes & pigloos I rotate in their cages.

Ya I try to move the toys around and such

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.