Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

look serious case of abuse

bromers

Cavy Slave
Ok i will call today. You all make me feal bad, but i suppose its the right thing to do.

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Why is anyone making you feel bad? We all agree that something needs to be done. Since you're the one who's actually seen the living situation of these guinea pigs & photo evidence, it would make sense to make the call. You're doing the right thing as you could actually help improve these guinea pigs lives. That's great!

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

bromers

Cavy Slave
does anyone have a finepix digital camera because i dont know how to get the pictures on my computer we had a yellow wire thingy and it plugs into the computer and camera and i still cant get it working.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Did it come with software? If so make sure it's installed. What are you using, A PC or a Mac?

bromers

Cavy Slave
it did and i installed it umm im using a computer have no idea what you mean by pc or mac. but someone is coming tomorrow hopefully so i will have them on by tomorrow evening. there realy not nice.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
I have a Fuji FinePix. The cable with the yellow is to plug into a TV. The cable you need is black and it has a small square balck "plug" on each end. One goes into the camera, the other goes into a USB port on your computer. Do you have a newer computer? Mine has a slot on the front that you can insert the media card into. I'll try to help you best as I can, let me know! :)

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Piglet, it's ok, I know what the night time is like..... Looking at the computer screen as if it was dead....

bromers

Cavy Slave
thank you zeander ok here are the pictures.
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
the first two you see are the whole area just imagine it stuck together you cant see alot of pigs as there are alot being handled at this time
the last one is the area they keep certain pigs in this is a picture of two baby pigs, the area you can slightly see on the right is where they keep the pregnant pigs and as you see they put hardly any sawdust in that area and they are on stone.
i saw four grown pigs kept in on of these boxes and they had to stand and lean against the wall because there was not enough room.

another point is there was no hay or veg/fruit for them.

Last edited:

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I'm stuck for words. This MUST NOT go on. They have way more than they can care for. I'll call the RSPCA myself and just pretend I've been there.

suzy_99

Cavy Slave
I can't beleive that they would put over 300 piggies into that enclosure. I counted about 50 in the second picture and they still look kinda crowded to me. The cage that they have the pregnant piggies in is way too small...its almost like they are being punished for having stupid people looking after them who let them get pregnant. I also don't see any hay and a herd that size would almost need unlimited access to full bails of hay. The one good thing is that its clean, but I would still definetely call the RSPCA if I would you. There is no way that enclosure even meets that stupidly reccommended 2 square feet per piggy.

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Those pictures are absolutly sickening... What is this place going to do after the RSPCA takes a few of them away, or gives them a warning? They probably make a good deal of money off if this, so they will probably get more.

suzy_99

Cavy Slave
Their website kinda shows that they have quite a bit of room at this farm so I imagine that the RSPCA would give them a chance to expand the enclosure in some way. With the amount of money they probably make their I'm sure they can afford to build it. I think they will get in the most trouble for the conditions that the pregnant sows are kept in. Pregnant sows need more excersice that the rest, so they really shouldn't be in a cage the size of a shoebox.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Call please especially the last pic. That is way too small for all of them. Their cages is the size of our pc room. It is just enough to have maybe 50 to 100 piggies but not that many in there. I feel so bad for them and it makes me wanna take em all home and give them what they deserved.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I was thinking the enclosure would be big enough for 30-40 pigs max. Though the pictures were better than I imagined.

bromers

Cavy Slave
thats because my camera battery run out before i got the realy bad pictures because my mum insisted that she needed to get loads of the children holding guinea pigs and i was pver reacting and they all seemed fine.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I thought it would be dirty, but the enclosure looks clean. I know it's still bad the way there's not enough space and they let them breed though.

bromers

Cavy Slave
the big cage is clean but the pigs in the small boxes and the pregnants pigs cages stank. they were dirty and there water was in a cat dish was full of poo and sawdust.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Oh, yeah, it's clean not near as bad as I expected... But still, that's overly crowded.

In the second picture there's two dalmations in clear site.. Wonder if they breed THEM... Probably.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
The RSPCA would definately do something - they are very anti-breeding.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.