Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Let me draw your guinea pigs!

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
Very nice!!!

wombats

Cavy Slave
Thank you! @crystalrella 's two are almost finished...Cupcake is DONE, Thumper is almost done, I just need to fix up some of his misc. greens because I couldn't see his feet in the picture and this was the best way to cover it up. I must say though, I'm really proud of these first two...I've already improved so much compared to the last time I used colored pencils, and Thumper looks absolutely amazing so far. The greens are a bit "meh" though so I'm trying to fix 'em up...I also wanted to scan them tonight but it might have to wait. My little computer's fan started to fail a few days ago, and it's on it's last leg...it barely loads webpages now let alone scans images, so I'll have to wait to use my stepdad's computer before I can post them. They're getting there, though! Thank you so much everyone for being so patient.

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
It looks absolutely amazing!! You are very, very talented!

I do not wish to be rude at all but, could you give me a rough estimate of how long it will take to finish mine?

wombats

Cavy Slave
Oh no, it's not rude at all, I understand! :D
I still have a lot of stuff I need to get done as I said before, but I really just need to get back into doing art. I used to do it all the time and loved it but I just fell into a perpetual state of guilt and procrastination and I'm trying really hard to break it. That in mind, I see you are kind of far on the list...right now, I'm going through these like their nothing. Thumper's almost completely done and he only took a little over an hour and a half to color. So I'm going to be really optamistic here and say hopefully in a week and a half, probably closer to two weeks I'll be through the majority of the current requests and hopefully down to yours. Trouble is I'm really busy tomorrow, and my birthday's august 3rd so I'm sure we'll be doing something then, too...however I've kept everyone waiting so long I'm feeling courageous and motivated enough to tackle these requests and get them done. :D

CavyKaren

Cavy Slave
Style: realistic. Or cartoon. Hmmm? Your choice.
Medium: ink and colored pencil or just pencil. Whatever you decide.
Substrate: your choice
Black and white or color? Color please.

Here is Indigo. She is sweet and bossy. And Cinnamon. She I sweet. Funny and crazy fast! . :)

And Happy Birthday!!!

Last edited:

Rocky5

Cavy Slave

wombats

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh hahaha thank you! I'll be 17 soon...it's so crazy to think about, I'm so old now soon I'll be a senior in high school and it'll be the craziest and most stressful of times but I think I'm ready for it. I also already know my boyfriend got us each a copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate so it's already shaping up to be a wonderful birthday...plus he makes the cutest little hand-made cards they cheer me up so much whenever I see them.

Here's a progress shot of Thumper by the way! I cleaned up the greens a lot, don't worry...they just need some fleshing out with some blues and highlights, and I need to draw the ones in front of his back legs too. He's not a ghost bunny don't worry, he's just not done. I really like how he turned out though! He's a beautiful rabbit and a lot of fun to draw

SquigglyPigs

Cavy Slave
Wow they look so great - I'm seriously jealous of your talent! Is that rabbit done in colored pencil? It looks so smooth it almost seems like water color! Have you taken many art classes or is it mainly just teaching yourself?

wombats

Cavy Slave
Yes it's all colored pencil! I have a big 132 tin of prismacolor softcore colored pencils and they are fantastic.

I mainly taught myself, but I have taken art in school all my life. Most of my skill comes from TONS of practice and an undying love of what I do. I also try literally every medium I come in contact with, which is also a plus...for example, I not only do colored pencil, but wire sculpture, pyrography (wood burning), needle felting, needlepoint, and sculpting of several different kinds. I also do LOTS of inkwork, as I showed in the first post. I learned all these things over the years, mainly because I took really weird classes like woodshop and creative crafts where I learned the joys of needlework and wood burners.

Working with varied media not only made me a well-rounded artist, but it forced me to work with the strange perameters of different media and made me learn their flaws and strongpoints, teaching me things I never would have known otherwise. Like "if the wood burner starts cutting through the wood like it's soft butter, it's too hot", "layering colors is the key to success", "don't shade/highlight with a darker or lighter shade of the base color, it will look flat and boring. Use a different color based on light source and mood to add flare and depth" and "tempera paint is the root of all evil". It taught me what I was good at and what I could work on, and over time I taught myself tons of things just through trial and error and a lot of observastion of other artists. Looking at things that are important in my own life and surroundings was really important too...you can imitate others all you want but sometimes the best way to learn is to work with what you know.

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
Wow, you are so talented :)

SquigglyPigs

Cavy Slave
Yes it's all colored pencil! I have a big 132 tin of prismacolor softcore colored pencils and they are fantastic.

I mainly taught myself, but I have taken art in school all my life. Most of my skill comes from TONS of practice and an undying love of what I do. I also try literally every medium I come in contact with, which is also a plus...for example, I not only do colored pencil, but wire sculpture, pyrography (wood burning), needle felting, needlepoint, and sculpting of several different kinds. I also do LOTS of inkwork, as I showed in the first post. I learned all these things over the years, mainly because I took really weird classes like woodshop and creative crafts where I learned the joys of needlework and wood burners.

Working with varied media not only made me a well-rounded artist, but it forced me to work with the strange perameters of different media and made me learn their flaws and strongpoints, teaching me things I never would have known otherwise. Like "if the wood burner starts cutting through the wood like it's soft butter, it's too hot", "layering colors is the key to success", "don't shade/highlight with a darker or lighter shade of the base color, it will look flat and boring. Use a different color based on light source and mood to add flare and depth" and "tempera paint is the root of all evil". It taught me what I was good at and what I could work on, and over time I taught myself tons of things just through trial and error and a lot of observastion of other artists. Looking at things that are important in my own life and surroundings was really important too...you can imitate others all you want but sometimes the best way to learn is to work with what you know.

That's great. I took all the art classes I could in high school and loved it. I was pretty good at drawing historical buildings and cathedrals and those came pretty easy to me. I used a lot of weird mediums like india ink but just a plain mechanical pencil was my favorite. I don't know why but animals with fur are just a mystery to me as to how to draw them. They never turn out the way I want them to and always have this big mess of fur lol
I'm thinking I should watch some videos or tutorials online to learn to draw animals because I would love to start drawing again and animals are my favorite :)

wombats

Cavy Slave
Hahaha that's the exact opposite with me! I really struggle with complex buildings and perspective, as well as drawing people...faces I can kind of do, but human anatomy is a mystery to me, as is architecture.

SquigglyPigs

Cavy Slave
Haha nice! Drawing people is a challenge to me too, but it used to be one of my favorite things to improve on. Drawing eyes was always my favorite part but once I got to the rest of the face and body, I lost interest.

Beatrix187

Cavy Slave
I just draw manga/anime. And I don't know how but I ended up writing a manga book in my sketchbook XD But I can't draw realistically, especialy the body's.

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
I can draw body's very beautifully but not clothes or faces. I end up drawing something like ancient Rome statues, haha.

cavy_lover36

Cavy Gazer
20150725_092346.jpg
Snapchat--970360385463326804.jpg20150725_092357.jpg

This is Scotch, he is a male
Color would be preferred.
If possible please do a realistic drawing :)
It would be perfectly fine if on paper and done with colored pencils or ink.... whatever you think is best
He's very bossy and loves to eat his hay and lettuce.
he loves to be lazy aswell...

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
They look great!!! Your art is so good. Can't wait to see mine, take your time i am in no rush its like a little surprise hahaha.

crystalrella

Cavy Slave
They look sooooo good!

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Can't wait, @wombats! :D

lisanjake

Cavy Slave
Wow you are incredibly talented!
You should charge a fee and send them out to people :D I'd love a hand drawn picture of my babies once I can actually get a decent pic where they aren't jumping about and get a decent camera cus my phones one is poop! Good work

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.