Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Kraizy house medical thread

kraizy randoms

Cavy Slave
Two of my piggies are getting bald spots on their backs, with thick patches of dandruff. If it is mites, can I use Permectrin II? I can't find much info on it, but that is what my feed store has.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've never heard of that. The two things I know can be used, are revolution, and advantage original, not advantage II.

kraizy randoms

Cavy Slave
Well, I searched online, and there were some warnings against using Permectrin II on guinea pigs, so I took it back to the store, and went to another feed store to pick up Ivermectin pour on for cattle. It's in a yellow box with a red label. Now I get to figure out measurements for my girls...

kraizy randoms

Cavy Slave
If my measurements are correct, I would mix 1 ml of ivermectin to 9 ml of water.
Brownie is 900 grams, Clover is 1200 grams, and Puddles is 1000 grams. Puddles would need .1 cc of the solution and a tiny bit less for Brownie. Clover is pregnant so I'm not sure what to do for her. But she needs it.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I don't think you need to mix the pour on with anything. Where are you getting your directions? It's best to follow www.guinealynx.info .

Ivermectin is safe for pregnant guinea pigs.

kraizy randoms

Cavy Slave
Well now I can't find the page, of course. I have the 5%, is there another .5% because I'm confused over the situation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.