Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Issues with bonding

guineapigpalace

Cavy Slave
I just tried to bond my two guinea pigs, Milky Way who I've had for 3 months and Luna who I've had for a week. I choose a large area and I put down plenty of hides that all had two entrances. But Luna become super aggressive and would chase Milky Way all over the area. I eventually separated when we noticed some blood on Milky Way's nose.

I'm hoping that it was something that I did wrong and that these two do have a chance to work it out. The only thing that we could think of was that the tunnels did come from Milky Way's cage.

If this doesn't work out, we'll have to take Luna to the local humane society.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You need to read the instructions on how to introduce pigs: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html. That's the bible on how to do it. But don't put any hideys in the introduction area -- just a big neutral area with several piles of food around in different places.

But before you try again, please turn them both over and compare their private parts and make sure they're both the same sex.

guineapigpalace

Cavy Slave
I'll be sure to read that. I really hope that it works out. And I know for sure that both of my guinea pigs had babies before I got them, so I'm not worried about the genders.

Snugglybutt

Cavy Slave
My boys started out rough too. I had to seperate them once due to bloodshed, but I reintroduced them and they are fine together now :). I hope everything works out for you too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.