Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables is this good diet for my 2 female guini pig

coconutty78

Cavy Slave
Although some plants can be very harmful to rabbits and guinea pigs if accidentally eaten, there are a wide variety of plants, in addition to grass, that rabbit and guinea pigs will enjoy and that can be of high nutritional value. These include plants such as: Alfalfa, beech, beechnuts, chickweed, clover, coltsfoot, comfrey, corn marigold, corn spurry, cow parsley, daisy, dandelion, fruit trees, grounsel, hazel, hogweed, knotted persicaria, lady’s thumb, Lucerne, meadow horsetail, nettles, oxeye, plantain, rose, shepherds purse, sow thistle, sunflower, thistle, vetch, wheat and barely, willow, yarrow. Hope this helps it came from the following website which is very helpful (broken link removed)

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Where can I get dandelion greens and can they eat dill weed?

Do you live in the United States? If so, they can be found at healthy grocers such as Whole Foods.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Belas.human.mom, there's only one grocery store in Houston that sells dandelion greens. There are plenty growing on the ground, but heaven only knows what they've been sprayed with. So unless you live in a large city or have enough land to grow your own, you may find them hard to come by.

Mine absolutely LOVE dill -- it's their favorite herb.

Belas.human.mom

Cavy Slave
I live in Tennessee.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.