Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Irrational Fear of my pets!!!!

diane

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't say I have a fear of animals more of a respect to leave them alone if they make me feel uncomfortable. But the one animal that creeps me out more than anything is toads, I am not sure if it is the the fact that when I see one it has jumped in front of me and startled me or what. But they make my skin crawl when I see them. And dogs I let them approach me before I try to interact with them just so maybe I can get a glimpse of thier personality before I put my hand out there.

My biggest fear is water, or what is in the water. I don't mind pools but If I can't see the bottom or if there is animals living in it I will not get in. The idea of something nibbling my toes scares me. But when I was younger I had two instances where water mocasins (Sp) swam right by me in the river. I have never went back in since then. But the ironic thing is I so want to go on a cruise.

krittercrazy

Cavy Slave
"My biggest fear is water, or what is in the water. I don't mind pools but If I can't see the bottom or if there is animals living in it I will not get in. The idea of something nibbling my toes scares me." diane, I totally agree with you. Around here we have large snapping turtles - scarey!
My family has the irrational fear that they or I will catch some horrible disease from my animals. You know, avian flu or west nile virus or mad cow disease or some other unheard of or undiscovered exotic disease.

avcavies

Cavy Slave
I must admit.. I have some fears.. Elevators (not really irrational.. I got stuck in one..), Cactus' (totally irrational, they just scare me), and train tracks (I don't know about this one, I have just always been scared crossing them).

Yep, I am terrified of elevators too. Train tracks also freak me out a little. Don't think any of my friends are afraid of my pets... although one is afraid of one of my pigs because it bit her. :eek:ptimist:

Last edited:

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
That is really wierd.(no offence) Who doesen't like animals?! That is ridiculous. I mean, if you are scared of them, stay out of the room. That doesn't mean your friends can't come over anymore!

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Some fears can not be avoided or overlooked. I can walk around with a six foot snake around my neck, but watch out if a dime size spider walks in the room because this girl is going to run and scream like a two year old with a monster in the closet.

I know it is a stupid to be afraid of a small spider, but I can not help it. My nine year old son is the "spider man" in our house. When I scream he comes to my rescue and kills or removes the spider from the house.

jbpiggy

Cavy Slave
Ok, I'm usually alright with any kind of bug, not crazy about cockroaches but I've held one before. Except beetles and praying mantis. I don't know why on the beetles. But, I was sitting on my porch one evening a couple of summer's ago, citronella candles, with a beer and a book, mindin' my own. Praying Mantis flies up and lands on the side of my head. I freaked. I don't know anyone who's gonna go "Neat! A bug the size of my foot landed on my head!"

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
I don't know anyone who's gonna go "Neat! A bug the size of my foot landed on my head!"

LOL, I would. Of course that would be after I realized that is what landed on my head.

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
I have a seven-year son who wants a tarantula, a tank of jellyfish, a snake, a squid, an octopus, crabs, the lobsters we see at the grocery store and begs to keep any sort of bug he catches. We caught a praying mantis one frosty morning and brought it in. A reptile and bug expert we knew told us how to care for it and said it might live up to another six months. It lived for four months. He had trouble at first feeding the crickets we brought to it; he wanted to keep those as pets! My hubby hates snakes and has told him we're not having any pet that could see our other pets (the pigs) as a food source. :)

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
My mother always had birds as I was growing up. Of course whenever someone new came over they would always want to be shown every bird we had. The best one was when an adult cousin came over one day, mom was opening the cage door to our parakeet BJ and he suddenly flew and landed on the head of our cousin. He fell to the floor shrieking like a little girl. It was so funny! Of course, he didn't want to meet the other birdies after that.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Ok, I'm usually alright with any kind of bug, not crazy about cockroaches but I've held one before.

*shudders* Before we moved here, we used to have a cockroach problem, and I can't stand them! The thought of one would creep me out, I couldn't hardly sleep at night!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.