Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Instead of Coroplast?

Miley_&_Pickle

Cavy Slave
I am unable to find coroplast anywhere, so I did some searching. I intend to use large self-adhesive tiles stuck to sheets of paper. The tiles, and adhesive are non-toxic, and I will be able to cut the tiles with a blade if need be. Do you think this is a good idea even though my rabbits are potty trained? I have already bought my supplies, but I can return them if need be. Thanks.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Not stuck to paper. The paper will get wet--especially with the pee volume of rabbits.

Miley_&_Pickle

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the reply, what should I stick it to?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
When you say you're unable to find coroplast, where did you look? Often craft stores and home improvement stores may not have it, but if you check with sign printing shops, they should have coroplast all the time.

If you've already gone those routes, you may want to try building a box out of wood or plexiglass to stick the tiles to. Alternately, instead of the tiles, you can buy a sheet of linoleum from a flooring store and score it much like you would the coroplast to make a tray for your cage.

Miley_&_Pickle

Cavy Slave
Yes, I whipped out the phonebook, and searched all of the sign stores, and their websites. Thanks so much for your input, and ideas.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
There are tons of options. Shower curtains, linoleum, a tarp etc.. There are so many options- coroplast is not the only one. Google Coroplast alternatives and see what comes up. You never know what ideas you may find. If that does not work, type in alternative C+C cages.
Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.