Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n im going vegitarian!!

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Ok I have been thinking and finally decided to become a vegitarian. You can drink milk still right? Im going to become a vet/rescue worker when I grow up so I really love animals. I dont know if I can stick with it though beucase not even my mom supports me. Any hints would be great:heart:

guinea_pig_luva

Cavy Slave
You can drink milk still right?
Yes you can drink milk because cows don't mind sharing a glass or two.:silly:

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Yes you can drink milk because cows don't mind sharing a glass or two:silly:

How on earth do you know that? Did you go up and ask a cow if she minds being forced to be pregnant over and over again in order to produce milk? Did you go up and ask a cow if she minds having her babies wrenched away from her shortly after birth so that humans can keep the milk for themselves? Did you go and ask a cow if she minds having a machine squeezing her udders day after day after day just so humans can have milk?

You don't know if cows mind or not. It's very offensive of you to presume that you do. You ought to research this subject a little bit more before you comment on it.

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
Well at least it doesn't hurt them, like them being slaughtered for meat.
It doesn't hurt them... right?

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
By the way, after seeing that video (in another thread) and seeing how they actually make our meats, im gonig Half-Vegetarian, I will only eat Chicken.
(I really cant survive w/ out eating any meats!)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I really shouldn't comment here since I'm not a vegetarian, but here it goes anyway. It doesn't kill them. I wouldn't say that it doesn't hurt them. Dairy cows are forceably impregnated or given hormones to keep them producing milk, then a machine with suction tubes is attached to their udders to pull the milk out.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the basic rundown of that.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
LilSweety said:
im gonig Half-Vegetarian, I will only eat Chicken.
(I really cant survive w/ out eating any meats!)
There's no such thing as half-vegetarian. You'd be an omnivore that doesn't eat beef, pork, lamb, etc.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
LilSweety get prepared because you are digging yourself a hole . . .

There is no such thing is half-vegetarian

Chicken have it just as bad as cattle

You could survive without eatting meat

AND before commenting on topics you know absolutely nothing about you really should do some research

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
:( I feel real bad about eating animals, but it tastes soooooo good...
I cant help myslef everytime i try to be a Vegetarian it never works out.
I give in!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Just because it tastes good doesn't mean you couldn't survive without it. If you want to eat meat, that is your decision, but don't post about it on here. You'll only end up starting an argument you don't want to be part of.

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
But the thing is that I WANT to be a Vegetarian!
I cant stand what they do to those animals!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
All we're suggesting is not to talk about eating meat. Learn all you can and ask questions, but don't keep mentioning that you have to eat meat and how good it tastes. No one wants to hear it.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the support everyone.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Good luch with going veggie!

I went vegetarian 3 months ago and I'm feeling sooo much better now I'm not eating meat. It was hard for me because i've alwyas loved eating meat and I've been a big meat eater but the thing that finally made me switch over was when we went on a holiday to india. seeing how they treat their animals got me thinking about how we treat our animals and i ended up going veggie on the spot.

I will be going vegan but for now i'm stopping at half way point. I don't really have a reason why its just i'm not ready. i don't eat much dairy anyway just eggs and butter which I realy eat. The eggs come from our spoilt chickens so thats fine.

But once again good luck and you feel waaay better once you've made the switch.

Emma

Jasha
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
One day I was going to be a vegitarian but I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve chicken so I stop

And the rest of us care about this because? Why on earth do you think it's appropriate to talk about how you *love* eating chicken on a vegetarian forum? It's not appropriate. You like eating chicken, fine, that's your decision. But this is not the place to flaunt it.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on going vegetarian! You will feel so much better. Your saving 90 animal lives per year by not eating meat. Stick with it, educate those around you, they should support your decision Eventually. If not please dont be discouraged, you can always come here for support if your feeling down.

Regarding comments like these:

''One day I was going to be a vegitarian but I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve chicken so I stop.''

''I feel real bad about eating animals, but it tastes soooooo good...''

If you really ''cared'' so much for the animals as you say, you wouldnt sit down to a nice big slab of dead animal and eat it now would you?

Source: https://www.goveg.com/factoryFarming_chickens.asp

Chickens are tortured and abused. They are crammed together in wire cages where they don’t even have enough room to spread a single wing. The cages are stacked on top of each other, and the excrement from chickens in the higher cages constantly falls on those below. Their sensitive beaks are cut off so that they don’t peck each other out of the frustration created by the unnatural confinement, and farmers often deprive birds of food for as long as 14 days in order to shock their bodies into producing more eggs (the practice is called forced-molting). 5 After their bodies are exhausted and their production drops, they are shipped to slaughter, generally to be turned into chicken soup or cat or dog food because their flesh is too bruised and battered to be used for much else.

Because the male chicks of egg-laying breeder hens are unable to lay eggs and are not bred to produce excessive flesh for the meat industry, they are killed.

On the way to slaughter these animals break wings, legs, e.t.c and millions die on the way to slaughter. At the slaughterhouse, their legs are snapped into shackles, their throats are cut, and they are immersed in scalding hot water to remove their feathers.

And this is what you call better treatment? Sorry to say but being immersed into boling hot water, having your beak cut off, and being broken battered and bruised and for what? So people can satisfy they're taste buds for a few minutes each day.

If you really wanted to end the slaughter you could. There are plenty of ''fake chicken'' meat products that taste exactly like the real thing. There is no need to eat it and cause these animals undiue torture and abuse.

LilSweety

Cavy Slave
Sorry for that rude comment of mine... :(
Congrats I_<3_cavies!

2pigs4rats

Cavy Slave
Yea, I have been veggie since january, I always called myself an animal lover but then I began to think how can I be so hypocritical when I can eat animals.
I am not vegan, so I still eat dairy products and honey etc, I know I am still contributing to animal cruelty but at least I am making a slight difference.Anyhoo - congrats on making the decision to go veggie, it's a good decision, not only for the benifit of your own health but for sparing the lives of animals!
My mum didn't support me at first either, but then when she saw I was serious about it, she started to accept my decision and cook me meat free meals, hopefully your mum too will support you when she realises and you can prove to her that it's not just a fad you are going through. Good luck and remember you can have yummy guilt free meals that are healthy, tasty and meat free!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.