Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Connectors If you don't use the plastic connectors

muddygrl

Cavy Slave
How do you keep the cube sides from wobbling? Headscratch.... I made a lid out of shelving for my cage. Well it wouldn't quite fit over the plastic cube connectors. So I took them off and it fits fine. Its because I botched my coro originally so it was a little too big and so my cage is just over 2 cubes wide. Hence why it was too wide. No big deal I thought I'd use the zip ties instead of connectors but the sides are so wobbly now.what can I do to fix this? I am feeling a little frustrated. I know it will work the way it is but I don't like how wobbly the connections are with just the two corners if the cubes zip tied.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
More zip ties. I use a minimum of 3 per side and cross the zip ties at all corners. Also using the longer 6 inch zip ties helps with stabilizability over the skinny 3 inch ones.

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
I agree. It takes a lot of zipties, but you find find cheap ones at Walmart or Home depot. Or at a building, building (lol) if youre not in the US

WC0304

Cavy Slave
Yup, zip ties. For anybody who uses the connectors, if it works for you, great, but to me it seemed very unstable even just to be sitting there, forget animals potentially pushing on them (one of mine stands up against the bars waiting for veggies). If you use enough zip ties, it will be very secure. The lid to my boys cage is just grids tied together, then clipped onto the sides, and it never bends inward or anything.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Zip ties, gotta love zip ties.

muddygrl

Cavy Slave
Ok so more zip ties then! How.do you cross them at the corners?

muddygrl

Cavy Slave
I can't use the connectors with my lid

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
Pfft. I don't use those flimsy things. I just use a lot of zip ties. I put them at each corner, to provide the most stability I can. I put a minimum of 3 zip ties on each grid side. Theres nearly 6 of them on each corner, not including the base. Try using the zip ties that are 6" long, not the 3" as they will help make it more stable, being more durable. At the corners - make sure each corner is attached.
Then turn the zip ties so that the grids will lay flat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.