Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Iams cruelty

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
I just read what Iams does to their animals, and I will never buy any of their products until they stop being so cruel (IamsCruelty.com.) I'm also going to inform my friends on how they treat animals.

No wonder my dog won't eat Iams food..
That's terrible. For a company that claims to care about animals, how can they be so hypocritical??

Wow, that's terrible. I thought they were suppose to be a helping animals company! My dog won't eat their food either. She is picky & eats Beneful by Purina. I didn't see them on the good list though. I hope they don't do stuff like that.

Wow, that's terrible. I thought they were suppose to be a helping animals company! My dog won't eat their food either. She is picky & eats Beneful by Purina. I didn't see them on the good list though. I hope they don't do stuff like that.

Iams has fillers in it just like science diet. Beneful isnt good either, it doesnt have any nutrition in it. if you was something thats high quality and tastes good you should try bill jack or nutro. But Back to Iams, thats just horrible!

Wow, that's terrible. I thought they were suppose to be a helping animals company!
I also did. I don't have/plan on getting any dogs in the next 8 years at least, and I thought they were supposed to be a decent dog food company. Misleading commercials of course...

I tend to be somewhat hardheaded about stuff, and believe that pictures and video are the only proof. This site had both, and it seems true. I will remember about this for the far, far future, and telling my friends if their dogs eat Iams.

Now, why would they do that to dogs anyways? Chop off parts of their leg muscle? Make them live in tiny metal barred cages? They didn't even have a single cheap toy in there. Dogs are said to be "mans best friend." Yeah, maybe for the dogs but humans seem to be doing a bad job now. What I do not understand, is if PETA knows about it, why do they not act tougher? Boycotts can only go so far, can't they shut them down? Probably a simple answer, but I don't get it. Money I guess.

Last edited:
Iams is a terrible food anyway! I recommend any of the following three after doing years of research and trials on my very allergic dog who used to get cortisone shots to help stop his itching and bad skin: Wellness, Natural Balance and California Natural. There are probably other good ones but these are easy to find and have never given my dog any problems.

Both Bil-Jac and Nutro have corn which can cause all kinds of problems in dogs.

Just a side note to continue on the dog nutrition theme - I only feed one of these three dog foods along with a 1200mg fish oil cap and 500mg of Ester C daily. His skin is finally healthy!

That's exactly why we don't feed our dogs with IAMS as I strongly disagree with the cruelty behind the food.

I have heard of their cruelty....However, my vet suggested IAMS for my cat that has reacuring chrystals or an expensive perscribed brand. I obviously went with the expensive brand. But why would my vet say that IAMS was a good brand??

Thats just terrible :( .
Im not sure why the vet said that.

I have just sent a very lengthly letter tothe IAMS president. I said I will no longer buy their product for my 4 dogs and cat, aswell I will make sure the breed rescue I volunteer for will not purchase ant either. I have never bought it anyway, but they don't need to know that.lol

I've known this for a long time, but as others have said, its rubbish anyway!

What I do not understand, is if PETA knows about it, why do they not act tougher?

I bet it's because PETA has such a bad rap these days. People are constantly criticizing them as being too "radical." Maybe they are finding it hard to continue without trying to be somewhat more "political." I don't know. I wonder...

I know I will probably be inviting a lot of bashing here, but personally, I thank God for PETA. They have brought so much awareness to the world. Even if some of their tactics could be called into question, I don't care. I would rather see the animals rescued and labs, etc. exposed for what they really are, than to see such deplorable human behavior continue!

As for you, Piggly Wiggly, you rock! I'm so impressed that you actually wrote a letter that you inspired me to, as well! BRAVO!

I hadn't heard this. I was going to buy the Iams Multi-cat for my cats. One is thinner than the other, and they claimed in ads that it would help different cats with different problems. I figured it was rubbish but I thought I'd try it. They don't make much in the way of cat foods for cats that need to put on weight.

While I don't agree with Iams food and don't buy it, as it is very low quality and mostly all fillers. I don't necessarily believe in the cruelty.

Here's another site. (broken link removed)

I e-mailed them last night, too. I said I'd NEVER feed my cat their food until they stop torturing animals.

I have found that many vets are like human doctors in that they don't know much about nutrition. I've had vets tell me to feed my animals food I know aren't very good. My last vet got mad at me when I told her Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Souls was better than Nutro. I even faxed her the ingredients and she still claimed Nutro was just as good. Nutro has corn and CSFTCLS doesn't. I'm about ready to go to another vet.

Purina definatly does animal testing. I got a purina puppy pack today for potiental adopters for my foster dog and it showed their testing facility, them drawing blood samples, and all the dogs were lined up in tiny pins. Thousands of them.

No wonder my puppy doesn't seem to be gaining much wait. She was gaining some on Eukenuba (is this good food). My other two dogs don't seem too fond of their food either, the ingrediance seems to have a whole lot of fillers in it (IAMS). My dogs LOVE bill-jack liver treats though. I have a beagle that looks a whole lot like those beagles being tourtured, now I feel like I am tourtering him by feeding him that food, I am going to switch right away to bill-jack or Eukenuba if they are good? Does anyone think this could be why my cat pees everywhere, maulnutrition? Does anyone know how I am supposed to tell my neighbor (works at P&G) she is an animal lover and her daughter is my best friend, but I don't want her to hate me for life.

FuzzButtLover, Your cat may have an urinary tract or bladder infection. You should take it to a vet as soon as possible. They will probably ask for an urine sample.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.