Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior I need tips for bonding with guinea pigs!! Please So I just

Cakegirl554

Cavy Slave
Hi I?m new to this website and everyone seems super helpful. Last year I had a guinea pig named Snuffie, but Sadly she passed. But last month I got 2 New Guinea pigs Hershey and Mini. So Snuffie was super tame but these two. Omg they won?t even sniff me. They only eat their veggies when I leave whenever I hand feed them. They know it?s my hand they run away. I just want them to trust me. Should I try lap time or any other methods anything is helpful. Snuffie really truested me she sniffed me he first day. I just want them to trust me thank you to everyone who helps me.😀

The trick I used for bonding with piggies is just hanging out with them. I would often put my hand in their cage for a little bit and hide a little bit of veggie inside of it or something and give it to them when they come to you. This way they would know that your not a threat and will often look forward to coming to you. Another thing is hand feeding your pig some veggies, and I think this works the most. I only used this like 3 times with my pigs because they were already bonded to me. And I know these tips are a little obvious, but I am sure they will work
(the key to a guinea pigs heart is food!)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.