Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need help

Acia Yakamo

Cavy Slave
My hamster is having trouble her head is always tilted to one side. I know its not a ear infection cause she shows no sign of one. She has a lump in her cheek and i've noticed blood on her behind. She's not active at night. She had diarea not to long ago. She's 8 months old at least. i'm panicing i don't know what to do and i can't afford a vet. I don't even know if she's in pain or not.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Bring her to the VET. NOW.

This is why we don't want you to have a guinea pig. You can't afford to bring it to the vet. Please find your animals another home.

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
If you do not take your hamster to the vet she will die. You should never get a pet if you cannot pay for the vets. The only advice I can give you is to take her to a vet. It is as simple as that.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Is is possible to borrow money from your family? I hope she makes it!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Ok, I read your other post. I don't know what to say...how can we help? We are not vets nor do we perform magical surgery via the internet

Acia Yakamo

Cavy Slave
my parents are going to try to talk to a vet on the phone then we'll see from there

Piglet

Cavy Slave
At least that is an advancement! I really hope you parents agree to paying for the bills. Perhaps you can ask them to pay for them, and say you will pay them back once you get a job. That's fair isn't it?

Acia Yakamo

Cavy Slave
Mom is thinking about it I just hope I figure out whats going on with chibi and if she's in pain or not. Until then I have to deal with letting her get her rest. [I never was good at leaving chibs alone to sleep lol.] Wish i knew before i got her that hamsters aren't all that playful.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
Well you'll hopefully think twice before getting pets now. I skimmed through both your threads, and think you should wait a while till you get any animals. You don't sound like you have everything under control and haven't got the ideal home for a pet at the moment.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
Eternal Despair said:
Mom is thinking about it I just hope I figure out whats going on with chibi and if she's in pain or not. Until then I have to deal with letting her get her rest. [I never was good at leaving chibs alone to sleep lol.] Wish i knew before i got her that hamsters aren't all that playful.
Oh well then if she isn't very playful it is allright to let let die without medical care right? Poor little hammie.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
If your hammie is bleeding its probably in pain.

Winnie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Acia Yakamo

Cavy Slave
Chibi died acouple nights ago in her sleep i didn't post it cause i'm trying to deal with it right now. I think she was older than 8 months because pet zoo acts like both a petstore and a animal shelter where people can bring pets they can't take of too. I'm now sure she was in pain before wet tail struck her. I get up in the morning I see her in the cage and think she's sleeping and mom says she can't see chibi breahing. I saw its hard to tell when a hamster is breathing cause of the small breaths they take. I walk to the cage to check on chibs and she's stiff as a board. I'm just grateful she died peacefully in her sleep on awake to feel it happening. The worst part is my dad had the money we could have used to help Chibi and he spent it on a stupid laptop battery I hate him.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I am sorry but I think she probably died in very bad pain, not in her sleep.

Maybe now you will realize that if something happens with a guinea pig, you won't be able to take it to the vet. So do not get one, please.

Acia Yakamo

Cavy Slave
Well now if something happens My parents can't use the expensive excuse. And even if she was in pain when it happened at least its over with and she can rest in peace. Taking care of a guinea pig will be alot easier now we don't have to buy twice the litter. The reason i couldn't help chibs by taking her a vet wasn't due to regular money problems normally it wouldn't have been a problem even if my dad was being cheap. It happened right after a bad sell causing money problems. We had money a day before she died but chances are it was already too late, and my dad was once again being a cheap jerk.

Acia Yakamo

Cavy Slave
Anyways I'd prefer not to talk about it i'm having enough trouble dealing with it as it is. But things here are not like you imagine sure we have money troubles but we get through it even if we have to provide alot of money to a pet. I lost my best friend i'd do anything to have her back. My therapist always said i was the happiest when i was talking about chibi. But the one comforting thought i have is that she's no longer suffering and that she's in heaven where she can meet other hamsters i just hope they get along better there than they do down here lol.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Then you know what you need to do? Go to a shelter and vollenteer there. Don't let another animal go through your hamster's suffering. I am sorry your hamster died, but what you did was wrong, and preventable. You obvisily cannot provide a stable environment for a guinea pig. A cavy costs $30 a week, do you have that much to spare? What about the $100 vet visits?

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
Poor hamster. One of hamsters got very sick last year. My vet tried treating her with antibiotics and we hand fed her every couple of hours she was getting weaker and weaker and was in such pain we had her put to sleep after 5 days of unsuccessful treatment. I would never leave any animal in that amount of suffering and do nothing.

candi

Cavy Slave
Furkidsmommy said:
Poor hamster. One of hamsters got very sick last year. My vet tried treating her with antibiotics and we hand fed her every couple of hours she was getting weaker and weaker and was in such pain we had her put to sleep after 5 days of unsuccessful treatment.

That sounds very similar to what happened to me last year with my hamster Nibbles. The horrible part was I had to put her down the day before my birthday :( I still miss her :(

Lost_Soul

Cavy Slave
You know I have been thinking...Being a parent of 3 children...It is the parents responsibilty to take care of the pets, if the child is to young to work...And it is the parents who make the decision on getting another pet or not...In my idea the parents are responible on caring for the pet (money wise)..So all in all I blame the parents..If they knew they could not care for the pet (expense wise) then they should not allow any more into the house...I have 3 kids as I said before...we have 2 pigs, 2 dogs, 3 rabbits and 4 cats...And we are not rich, we just got done putting out $1,000.00 for my one cat who got attacked by our dog..(long story) And let me tell you that put a big dent in our pocketbook! We lived paycheck to paycheck until we got back on our feet...And in that time we still made sure our animals and ourselves where taken care of...When I buy supplies for our pets I make sure to buy enough that it is going to last at least a month...Yea its a huge bill..But if something happens, something unexpected I know that everyone has food and what not...My grocery bill is not that huge, I spend about 50.00 in lettuce and salad stuff a week and that is for all of us including the pigs and rabbits...plus the norms of grocery shopping...

I am sorry for your loss...

If you are unable to work to help care for the pets then your parents should tell you no, on buying or getting more...If they can not afford to care for them...

I know what its like to live pay check to pay check...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.