Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C i need help!! Cage size question

Rhyue

Cavy Slave
Re: boars and sews

That should be fine, though it always depends on the personality of the piggies. If you're getting 2 that are already bonded and get along well they'll probably get along okay in a smaller area than two strangers. It never hurts to give them more room if you have the space. Some pigs just never get along regardless of the space as well. Some pigs get super attached to certain ones and may become protective as well, which can create issues down the road.

Rhyue

Cavy Slave
Re: i have an idea

I agree, I also have 2 males in a 2x4 and they get along famously with no issues. Logan follows Tobe around and always tries to snuggle up with him or groom him. I've got 2 houses but I'll often just find Logan smooshed in with him (they're both big boys) or outside the house to be closer to him.

I have a third and I don't think any size cage would be large enough to get him in with them. The one, Logan, is super attached and protective of Tobe and refuses to share. Tobe doesn't mind Chester, but Logan just wants to rip him to shreds. He just hates him, doesn't matter the area or its size.

I also had a female that hated everything and had to be housed alone. She'd even attack dogs. So you can get super affectionate males and incredibly dominate females. It all depends on the individuals.

chip123

Cavy Slave
k thanks I just used an online convertor and ti said the sq feet of the cage would be 14.291655

chip123

Cavy Slave
help please

hi sorry for all the q but I am going to put it all in this one so do u think males are better then females or the other way and do u need to do a lot more for males and do u think a 3X3.5(about 14.29 sq feet) is big enough for 2 boars(they would also be aloud out at least 5 hours a day) and also can you give me a list of what u feed ur piggies and can u give me pics of ur cages plus what brred is easyist to brush and stuff like that thanks

lissie

Cavy Slave
Re: help please

I've just merged all your cage threads into one thread, why are you adding a new one? Please add any questions you have regarding cages in the same thread. It's hard for people to give advice when they have to jump between threads to see all the history.

chip123

Cavy Slave
Re: help please

I've just merged all your cage threads into one thread, why are you adding a new one? Please add any questions you have regarding cages in the same thread. It's hard for people to give advice when they have to jump between threads to see all the history.
sorry but the reason why I done that is just so it is a lot clearer and more down to the point and also because 1 or 2 questions I asked I have already got a really good questiond for

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.