Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I heard chirping at 5am this morning..

nikkimac

Cavy Slave
So I am an early riser, mostly up between 430 and 5am, my daughter sleeps till about 630am. so when I get up I start laundry and the dishwasher, now our dishwasher does make some noises but this morning I heard something different, something I hadn't heard before it was like it was squeaking/chirp sound almost like something was stuck. I looked at my husband and he was like is that a bird, and I perked up because there is only one thing that could make that sound and it wasn't a bird.

I walked out of my bedroom and turned slowly towards the living room where my piggies are and I could hear the chirping sound very loud now but couldn't make out which one it was coming from and really when I think about it I don't know if it was one of the girls or Ash my boar. (personally I think it was kelly my Aby she is very vocal) I couldn't get any video because as soon as she heard me it stopped. but I did find a good recording of what she sounded like from Guinea Lynx, Im hoping if I play this she may go into a trance again and start so I can video her.

I tried to explain to my husband that we just witness something that is not normally heard.

https://www.guinealynx.info/media/Nina-chirping.mp3

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Congrats! I've only heard any of my pigs chirp once, and I don't remember the circumstances of it at all. It's a cool thing to hear. A rare treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

lissie

Cavy Slave
I've edited the title. Please don't swear. There are lots of youngsters on this forum.

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
That's awesome!!! I've heard that it is a rare treat, I wish I knew what would set off a piggy to go in to a trance and chirp. Hmmm, inquiring minds want to know ........ :)

Skinny

Cavy Gazer
Aww so cute!! :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.