Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Huge pregnant piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am sorry if any is offended and my girl should not have posted here ( i am the father) i really do understand my daughter as she feels offended, but i would also say if no one should have babies , then why are you having them?? 1000 of human babies are not taking care of but i guess that's no problem and should not stop others from having one but that we don't talk about right

I understand where your coming from. I too am a parent and would be upset with the way people reacted if it was my daughter. Human issues are a sad state, but unlike animals we have the ability to not have babies and to adopt someone else child. Pets like guinea pigs don't. Here in North America (I'm in Canada) guinea pigs are over populated and are killed in high kill shelters because they rely on us to make the choice to breed them or not. Many people feel that this isn't right but forget that not everywhere is over populated. Though I still believe its better not to breed them, even in your country, I do understand it.

Neo11, I would highly suggest that you move passed this upset, console your daughter and know that the forum is trying to work out its issues when it comes to the repetitive and unnecessary posts like what has happened here. A bunch of new mods have been selected to make sure this and other rules are upheld. Try and remember we are anti-breeding. Asking questions about care, health and so on is GREAT, and shows how awesome you both are for caring about your guinea pig so much.

There is a bunch of great information on this site and I hope you and your daughter are enjoying all the information on here.

How is the guinea pig doing by the way?

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I would also like to reply who of you think a pig has fun on its own??? yes this is the father speaking and i know pigs are not for humans they do like human companion but they sure would chose another pig any time, so those of you just having one, do you really think its smart??? pigs love to be 2 no matter if its 2 and 2 of same sex, but for god sake please don't judge my daughter she did well. and i am proud of her she gets them fresh food 3 times a day, check the pic there is a reason that there fer is so nice, they are in top condition.

We don't promote single pigs (also known as lone pigs). Guinea pigs should be in either same sex groups or have them surgically steralized and live with one male to females (number of which depends on cage size).

Neo11

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I would also like to reply, when those *******cant say there names as its bad. when they delivered there pig after the first month and got "tired" of them do you all really think you did the animal a favor?? next week rabbit next week hamster, this is where i get MAD. Start thinking of the actually doing!!! how many animals have to suffer??start working on some sort of animal control as many countries apparently are out of control (yes also here with cats and dogs)

Neo11

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I understand where your coming from. I too am a parent and would be upset with the way people reacted if it was my daughter. Human issues are a sad state, but unlike animals we have the ability to not have babies and to adopt someone else child. Pets like guinea pigs don't. Here in North America (I'm in Canada) guinea pigs are over populated and are killed in high kill shelters because they rely on us to make the choice to breed them or not. Many people feel that this isn't right but forget that not everywhere is over populated. Though I still believe its better not to breed them, even in your country, I do understand it.

Neo11, I would highly suggest that you move passed this upset, console your daughter and know that the forum is trying to work out its issues when it comes to the repetitive and unnecessary posts like what has happened here. A bunch of new mods have been selected to make sure this and other rules are upheld. Try and remember we are anti-breeding. Asking questions about care, health and so on is GREAT, and shows how awesome you both are for caring about your guinea pig so much.

There is a bunch of great information on this site and I hope you and your daughter are enjoying all the information on here.

How is the guinea pig doing by the way?

We totally understand that there has been to mush breeding in some countries, our litter (turned out as 5) is already spoken for, we are not breeders we had a litter, i am sorry i don't find nothing wrong in that, and if you ever have a child please think of all the kids in world with no parents, its completely the same thing

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I would also like to reply, when those *******cant say there names as its bad. when they delivered there pig after the first month and got "tired" of them do you all really think you did the animal a favor?? next week rabbit next week hamster, this is where i get MAD. Start thinking of the actually doing!!! how many animals have to suffer??start working on some sort of animal control as many countries apparently are out of control (yes also here with cats and dogs)

We totally understand that there has been to mush breeding in some countries, our litter (turned out as 5) is already spoken for, we are not breeders we had a litter, i am sorry i don't find nothing wrong in that, and if you ever have a child please think of all the kids in world with no parents, its completely the same thing

I understand that, many of us do. The issue with that is breeders. While there is some good ones, there are a lot of them who want a fast buck. There needs to be better screening, people need to know the truth that no animal is cheap, no animal is for a kid and an animal is for the life of the animal, not until people get bored.

I would suggest you move on from this post as it just seems we are going around in circles. I am happy to hear the pig in question had 5 healthy pups.

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
I would make sure each pup is getting enough milk from its mother, as guinea pigs only have two nipples. Also, any males need to be seperated at 3 weeks. I'm glad to hear they're all healthy :)

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I agree, males should be seperated at 3 weeks, if not sooner.

You also need to weigh the pups if possible, to make sure they're all gaining weight.

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
I'm glad to see an update and that mom and babies are doing well!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I agree, males should be seperated at 3 weeks, if not sooner.

You also need to weigh the pups if possible, to make sure they're all gaining weight.

No need to separate sooner than 3 weeks. Before that they are just practicing.

Neo11

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I find it a bit funny that you all talk about pregnancy in a site where its absolutely not allowed to make pups, yes we can all see its being called a rescue and pregnant when i got it or my pig was raped while i was on phone lol, just think about what you are really doing if there is no private breeders then we are back to having the big breeders is that smart? is this really what you people want??, at the moment its also very easy to get a pig in US for a birthday and then next week ups i dont like it give it to rescue service s*** yes a great lesson learned (if i get an animal i cant just trow it doesn't matter) next week a new one and so on

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo11

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Its funny but we consulted our vet as you all did make us nervous, he said there is absolutely no reason to be nervous if they are in good condition stop being worried (he even said go to the competition next week as he never seen pigs in this shape and condition ) : this is really something that you all should think about, don't stress out with to mush before you know the pigs and there owners.

I hope my girl will get gold and she probably will as they just look to good

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Neo11, the least you can do is respect the rules of this site and not go on and on about breeding and showing your pigs. We get it already.

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
Can we just close this thread? I feel some instigating going on.

Neo11

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
what rules we have never recived those so called rules? and for sure we have not shown our newborns here

Neo11

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Can we just close this thread? I feel some instigating going on.
Just dont write here then it will feel like closed to you lol

Neo11

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
why would any enjoy pictures of pups if you all hate making of pups?

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
@ellisa can we pls do something about this? We've made it clear we'd be happy to give help/advice but the rudeness and instigating is getting out of hand even after several members have apologized for previous posts they've made or for posts others have made. It's just going in circles with very little positive outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.