Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning How will I clean the cage while having a big belly?

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
Hi, everyone! I am so happy to be sharing I have just gotten pregnant! Anyway, I have seen women with huge bellies and they aren't able to bend over to even put their shoes on. I have heard kneeling is hard to do too. So, how will I be able to clean my cage that's on the floor? Obviously this will just apply to when it's closer to the due date but I would love to know now just because I am curious. I can't ask my roommate to do this because they are my pigs and it is not her responsibility. Any experience of pregnancy while owning guinea pigs is appreciated! :)

Cavyhappy

Cavy Gazer
Pay your roomate??? ;)

lisanjake

Cavy Slave
congrats! how exciting =D ask your bf? or like cavyhappy said give your roommate a few quid for doing it lol x

pinky

Cavy Slave
Put the cage up on a table or add grids under it to raise it up.

I didn't have guinea pigs when I was pregnant but I did have large bird cages that I had to clean and it was easy because they were off the ground.... There are plenty of household chores that are more difficult than cleaning a cage. Pregnant women with toddlers carry them around and lift them up to change diapers, put them in high chairs, etc. Cleaning the cage should be pretty easy.

CavyChrissy

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the baby! Hope you are feeling ok! I have 3 kids, so lots of experience with a big belly, although my guinea pigs came later. You'll just have to learn to do a lot of things from a different angle. For example, you can no longer bend straight forward to tie your shoe. Instead you have to sit and put your foot up on your knee.

Kneeling is not too bad. It's getting back up that's hard : o. Make sure you have something sturdy to hold on to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.