Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps how to keep ramp from falling from 2nd story

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave
Hello there, I have a C&C cage with upper level and ramp. I remove the ramp with cleanings so don't use the taped backing to stick it to the upper ramp because I am always taking it in and out. But of course the piggies sometimes charge under the bottom of the ramp on the first floor and that knocks it down, sometimes stranding a piggy on the top level (boo hoo - upper level has hay, pellets, water, hidey house) and don't want a piggy hurt by getting hit by ramp or falling from top.
Has anyone come up with a temporary way to fix the ramp to the upper level so It can be easily taken in and out of cage?

lissie

Cavy Slave
Use Velcro.

You can also poke holes in the ramp and zip tie the top of the ramp to the grid floor on the loft. You can cut the zip ties when you want to remove the ramp.

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
Use Velcro.

You can also poke holes in the ramp and zip tie the top of the ramp to the grid floor on the loft. You can cut the zip ties when you want to remove the ramp.
or with zip ties, it can act as a hinge, and you can fold up the ramp

sbadaracco

Cavy Slave
OMG Velcro - of course! Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.