Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Storage How Should I Store It!

AllysGuineas

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I im going to get either oxbow or timothy complete hay and pellets. How should i store that food? I don't want any of it to get old!

Should i go with Oxbow or Timothy complete? And where do i find both?

THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Your question regarding storage under the cage doesn't belong on this thread. You need to make a thread about that in the about cages section. I am editing your post to remove the questions about that.

Please do not buy Kaytee Timothy Complete pellets. They are total garbage. They use low quality ingredients and have a potentially cancer causing preservative in them called ethoxyquin. All the Kaytee/Animal Planet line of pellets have ethoxyquin.

Oxbow is sold in many places. There is a store locator on their website at (broken link removed).

You could have gotten the answers for your questions by doing a forum search by two methods. You can search by prefix or do a specific forum search. I suggest you try doing a seach by choosing the prefix "storage" in this forum. There are questions asked on this subject all the time.

Well aren't i just doing everything wrong today!!!!!!

Well aren't i just doing everything wrong today!!!!!!
I never said that.

I just explained that there are ways to do searches for the info that is here and asked that you keep the topic diet related. Storage under the cage isn't diet related.

Since we've put in the new thread prefixes, CavySpirit, myself and the other moderators want to keep the threads on topic. This makes searching so much easier and answers easier to find in threads without having to wade through a lot of off topic stuff.

I answered part of your question and you can do a search to find the rest.

Edit: But since it seems you don't want to search, so here are the answers.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/diet-nutrition/43326-storing-hay-pellets-too.html

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...do-you-store-your-hay-i-need-suggestions.html

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.