Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How do you talk to your animals?

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
I am curious...how many of you use a different voice when you talk to your animals? I talk almost in a "baby voice" (one that would be used to talk to a baby, not talking LIKE a baby!). I also have my own vocabulary, using made up words and improper grammar. For example, If one of my animals is eating something I say, "is that good? Do you likes it?" Likes...I don't know how that got started. I also talk all mushy to my cats and say, "how's mama's good girl/boy?" but I leave off the "d" on good, so it's more like goo girl/goo boy (in the "baby voice" of course!)My animals just love the mushy, baby talk. Please tell me I'm not alone in this!

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
LOL! I do the baby voice too! My parents do it also! My dad is always like" Wheres my babies? There's my babies! There's my pretty girls!" And gives them veggies!:D

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
Thank goodness I'm not the only one! LOL! I have tons of little sayings but didn't list them all. I definitely have my own language I use to talk to the animals. I think I get it from my mom. She always talked baby talk to her animals.

MizzyMiz

Cavy Slave
Ugh, it's totally fine, but for some reason the baby voice annoys me. When I talk to my pigs it's with a normal voice but I insult them in stuff xD (in a teasing was of course, I love my pigs very much.) Just calling them fat, and weirdos when they do stupid stuff.

I tend to get into real conversation mode and just talk at them really fast since no one else want to listen to me chatter ;)

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I like to talk in a screamo voice to Tobias. I feel that it really keeps him guessing.

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Most of my conversations with my pigs involve saying, "No Chocolate and/or Marshmallow, it is NOT time to eat yet. No, I did not open the fridge for you. Share the peppers with your brother please. Stop humping your brothers face please. Stop shaking your butt at me, I'm still bigger then you."

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
No baby talk here. I didn't even talk baby talk to my babies. :p I do tend to tease them a bit: "Smore, seriously, there are no house eagles, and Flower canNOT protect you." "Leah, really? I'm sweeping poop. Not the very last bit of hay you'll ever see. Now get out of my dustpan!"

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
I talk to mine in a baby-ish voice most often, unless they're misbehaving (nipping each other, chewing their cage). Then they get my normal voice. I never raise my voice though.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I talk to them all normal then I slip into a "isn't that right baby? Yeah, mommy agwees. Do you want some veggie boos? Omnomin! Wuvs you baby girls!"

TiaColleen

Cavy Slave
Yeah, most of my conversations are also 'no piggy, you can't have any more vegies' You have already had way too many! Plus, even though he has a name, my husband and I still can't call him anything but "Piggy" The best is the way he loves my husband, although hubby loves him he will not pick him up or hold him. So when he goes to the cage, Piggy (Cooper) stretchs up and lets him pet him or do whatever - I think he knows he won't try to catch him. I put my hand in and he bolts! The best is when he is out for floor time (which is all evening) if he starts popcorning my husband just eggs him on with 'go piggy go' in a silly voice and I clap my hands and he runs around like a bucking bronco. Then he takes off running back to his cage as fast as his little legs will take him. No, he's not to spoiled! Not!

KittyKrochet

Cavy Slave
Haha, I always baby talk my pigs. APPARENTLY, according to the boyfriend, I use the same tone and inflection of voice as I do when I'm hanging out with my friends. This begs the question "Is Tiger just insane?" Apparently, yes. xD

There's a lot of the "no girls, it's not lunch, you just has elevensies" talk, too, with my girls.

Agrimony

Cavy Slave
I like to talk in a screamo voice to Tobias. I feel that it really keeps him guessing.

LOL! That's great, probably one of my favorite things I've read on this site!

I am guilty of talking almost exclusively in a super annoying high pitched voice to my pigs. I can't even call it a baby voice because if I ever talked to a baby like that I think it would cry.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Agh, internet's about to go off again...
I use a conversational voice with my pig, though she can't understand it ;(

SheWolfSilver

Cavy Slave
Mine is a combination of regular conversation with a little bit of baby talk thrown in! Unless they are nagging me for veggies then I use the same tone I use with my son and then I'm like, "Yea, yea, don't worry I'll get to you!" LOL

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
"Mocha, don't your dare poop on my head!", "Moo, get down from there!", "No, you can not have your cilantro until you finish your peppers!".

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Now that I have more time and an Internet connection I'm going to add a little more to my post.
With Char I talk to her like she can understand it, which means I'm usually like, "You're weird Char. Stop pooping so much. Here's more hay, you chubby pig. Don't eat my fingers please, they're not made of lettuce."
So basically I talk to her like I would a person lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.