Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!

Pinkguinea

Cavy Slave
I'm nikki and my piggies name is shelly!

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome..How long have yuo had your had shelly? Would you ever think of getting Shelly a cage mate?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Welcome Nikki! Can't wait to see pics of Shelly.

Pinkguinea

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the replies! I have had shelly for about 3 weeks now and she is still really skiddish.
Yes, my brother and I are trying to convince my mom to get another piggy, but she isn't too keen on the idea. My brother has more than enough money to get one, but my mom thinks that it will be stinkier and harder to clean out. Any ideas on how to persuade her?

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if we're really supposed to recommend other websites, but
Guinea Pigs Social Life
There's a section for "Additional Costs" that might help a little and is pretty accurate as far as I've noticed. Hope that helps. Having more than one pig is SO much fun and amazing and awesome.

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!! As mentioned before, we love pigtures, so please show some soon!! :p I am in the same position as you. I've had Ginger for a couple weeks now and I know that she needs a buddy but my dad is totally against it. I am trying to convince him still...

Just wanted to tell you that if you do get another piggy, please adopt, don't shop!! If you could find a rescue/shelter in your area, you would be paying much less as far as vet bills b/c most pet store pigs are very unhealthy and sadly,usually die after they are purchased because they are not properly cared for. Also, when you buy from a petstore, they bring another one in to fill the purchase's place, therefor supporing a breeder. Breeders=BAD. Another great place to look is Craigslist. I found Ginger on there needing to be re-homed, but watch out for breeders!!

Pinkguinea

Cavy Slave
Don't worry, I wouldn't get one from the petstore because my first guinea pig was from a petstoreand she died a week after I got her.  I got Shelly off of craigslist so when I get another, I will probably get her from craigslist too

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Oh...well I guess that was a waste of a post. hahaha lol now back to posting some pics of ur piggy... :p

Pinkguinea

Cavy Slave
I will probably post some pics tomarrow  her face is black so it'll be kinda hard to see...

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Yay!! cant wait:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.