Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi

lem2052

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I'm Melissa, and as of Friday now have two male guinea pigs, Mo and Chewie. I am in the process right now of getting the needed materials to build them a C & C cage, since the store bought one for my first is way too small for them both. I'm brand new to owning guinea pigs, so any advice is greatly welcome. Thanks.

Fluffy_Guinea

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Take note of the sticky threads on each board they all have great info. if you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them. I hope you enjoy it here I know I do :).

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome.

The best advice is like fluffy suggested, read all the sticky threads at the tops of all the forums. There is one in particular you should start with and that one is at the top of this forum and it's called, "Newbies, please read me first". It has links to many areas of care and can answer many questions through the links it provides. Then go to the Diet and Nutrition forum area and read all those stickies. When you get finished with all those, then read the common misconceptions thread in the "About Guinea Pigs" forum section. Those will give you a good start to being a good slave.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello, and welcome to the forums. I am glad to hear you are making a C&C cage, how big of one are you making, because for males it will need to be a minimum of a 2x4 unless they will most likely have dominence issues, my boys have a 39 square foot cage and they still have dominence issues, I have a piggy named Chewie too! He's a brown aby. Here is a link to Ly's nutrition charts they will help you so much, they did me at least. https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...cavys-diet-read-me-nutrition-charts-info.html
Also be sure to read the rest of the sticky's they really do help a lot.
Hope to see you around,
Jenni

lem2052

Cavy Slave
I'm going to try for 3 x 4 with a second level as their kitchen, with their little houses underneath. They seem to be getting along really well, at leat they havn't been chattering at each other like they did at first.

lem2052

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to post some pictures of my two guys. Mo is the all white, and Chewie is the smaller one trying to hide.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.