Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi-New here + some questions, ideas

S

SeattleMama4

Hi-New here + some questions, ideas

Hi, my name is Kaylene and I just adopted my first 2 piggies. I am planning on building them a C&C cage. I am somewhat restricted on floor space. I have plenty of room to build them a more than adequate cage for them but if I wanted to add to my piggie family (which I do!) I would need another cage. So that got me tot hinking is there a way to build sort of an apartment building? Like I would build the bottom unit then if there was some kind of pole or something that would be sturdy enough for another unit of the exact same size on top of it. Like a foot higher so there would be room for me to clean both cages. Also I am thinking both would need covers as I have 2 silly cats who think the guinea pigs are toys. So does anyone have any ideas? I looked on the cavycages page and couldn't spot what I have in mind. Any help would be greatly apprecitated!! Thanks:rolleyes:

M

MoMmA CaVy3160

Re: Hi-New here + some questions, ideas

let me just say congrats on adopting your two new piggies rather than buying :) . i think i know what your talking about. if you go to www.cavymadness.com there's a link that has themed cages and one of the themed cages is called rainbow (something). it has apartment-like c&c cages using a metal shelving unit (like the ones in garages). you might get an idea how to desing yours from that site, hope this helps =0).

S

SeattleMama4

Thanks! That's the kind of thing I was picturing! I will look at tahe site right away.

B

BrownEyedShorty142003

go to guineapigcages.com and go to closed cages album and go to show all at the bottom and they used so leftover coroplast and cross cut it at the top of it and cable tied it u could try that also byw,I'm new here.I am 12

Attachments

sneaky_piggie_by_e_a_r_l_g_r_e_y-d5294wv.jpg phoebe_by_e_a_r_l_g_r_e_y-d5297b5.jpg phoebe_by_e_a_r_l_g_r_e_y-d5ent48.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.