Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Wheezing Help what does this mean?

Rgidd

Cavy Gazer
[video=youtube_share;PmUi16qjApY]https://youtu.be/PmUi16qjApY[/video]

Hi,

My piggy has started making this noise intermittently this morning. He was reluctant to eat but has had breakfast now. Any ideas what's wrong with him? Thanks

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
He's chirping! Or trying to. Some people think it means they are spooked, and other people think it's because they are happy or they are lonely. Either way, it's rare to hear. That said, it shouldn't be anything major. It doesn't mean he is sick. Just keep an eye on him and see if something might be bothering him.

Rgidd

Cavy Gazer
Hiya, thankyou this was really helpful. He has not done it since and is eating fine etc. He looked really distressed when he was doing it and he worried me. I will know what's wrong next time.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hiya, thankyou this was really helpful. He has not done it since and is eating fine etc. He looked really distressed when he was doing it and he worried me. I will know what's wrong next time.

You are more than welcome.

For whatever reason chirping is very uncommon and privileged few get to hear it. I had one of my boys chirp in the middle of the night for no reason at all a couple years ago. I sadly didn't hear it but my wife did. She immediately got up to check on them thinking the worst and was rewarded with a happy pig looking for a treat.

No one has a really clear idea why they do it. You've gotten to hear it and captured it forever.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.