Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HELP PLEASE! i have to give my cavy (dallas TX)

chrystel usa

Cavy Slave
hi everyone,

i'm sad.. but i have no option :rolleyes . My husband is allergic. He can not be in the same area than my "Gamoutch" because is eyes start to tear and his nose running and his throat hurts.

we really can't keep him anymore. He has to be on the balcony all the time, but the temperature are too high now in Texas.. we don't know who to give him to.

"Gamoutch" is a male guinea pig.
He's just adorable, loves to play, being pet and handle. He never bites. He's really really cute.

He's dark brown, light brown and white. (like in the Blockbuster commercial ;) )He's shorthair.
He's got a quite big cage and everything that goes with.

We live in Carrollton, Tx, 75010 (we can drive him to his new home if needed)
Asking Price: $0.00

QHTonka

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry I can't take him (Massachusetts here)... but I was just wondering are you sure that it is your pig he is allergic to? What kind of bedding are you using? That is what he could be allergic to! If your using a wood shaving try switching to something like Carefresh... it is more expensive but its worth it if you can keep your pig!!

just a thought and I hope all works out for you and your pig!
Tracy

chrystel usa

Cavy Slave
thank you tracy.

in fact we've tried everything :(
we tried different bedding.
we even tried to switch cage (for one with more plastic).

my husband is allergic to guinea pig, rat, mouse, furret... He can not go in a petstore because of that. I go to Petsmart alone.. or he has to stay away from the small animal section.

he feels bad that he's the cause.. but he can't go on like that..

thanks a lot,
Chrystel.

Dinochick

Cavy Slave
Are you still looking for a home? I am thinking about getting a male friend for my piggy, if he will behave himself this time and not try to mate with just anything on 4 legs!

I live in Lubbock.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Don't do it!

Giving away a piggie due to allergies is a load of crap, and should be a last resort, not a first resort. Please tell him to get his allergies treated.

Your husband is a jerk if he is forcing you to give up your pig.

My wife has BAD allergies (mostly sinus issues, but severe) to pigs from the start, yet we adopted our way to SIX of them. She loves them all and would never consider giving them away and takes meds every day to keep the allergies under control.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Chad stop being rude.

Chad, Please be nice. Her husband is most likely NOT a jerk. Guinea Pigs are NOT a way of life. Yes, they are wonderful animals, but you shouldn't EVER say rude things about her husband. It's certaintly Not his fault that he is allergic to her Guinea Pigs. Giving away a Guinea Pig bc of someones allergys is NOT a load of crap. Think about what you are saying b4 you say it. I think you shold apologize to her.

Chrystal- There might be a medication for your husband to take for the allergic reaction to your Guinea Pig. Just look around, or go to a doctor. :)

Lots of Love,

Em

chrystel usa

Cavy Slave
thank you Emily.

my husband is NOT a jerk. i am the one who chose to give my guinea pig away.. he always tells me he's ok.. even under a thousand of napkin!

another thing.. i have a boxer.. and he has allergy to.

anyway.. i have some great news!!

Gamoutch found a great home ;)
I can go see him whenever i want. he's doing great and has a huge space to live and run. he has a friend guinea pig (spay female) to play with.

i miss him a lot.. but i know he's happy so i'm ok

Thank you for all your post,

Chrystel.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
That's wonderful!! :)

Your welcome! :)

That's WONDERFUL news, about finding a home for your baby! :)

I am getting a guinea pig this Sat. I am very excited.

PM me if you want to talk sometime.

Lots of Love,

Em

Dinochick

Cavy Slave
Glad to hear youfound a good home for your Cavy, and what a plus for it to be somewhere where you can visit him :)

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Chad, Please be nice. Her husband is most likely NOT a jerk. Guinea Pigs are NOT a way of life. Yes, they are wonderful animals, but you shouldn't EVER say rude things about her husband. It's certaintly Not his fault that he is allergic to her Guinea Pigs. Giving away a Guinea Pig bc of someones allergys is NOT a load of crap. Think about what you are saying b4 you say it. I think you shold apologize to her.

Chrystal- There might be a medication for your husband to take for the allergic reaction to your Guinea Pig. Just look around, or go to a doctor. :)

Lots of Love,

Em
Truth hurts. I tell it like it is. If you don't like it, learn to love it, because (not "bc" - they ask you on this forum to use PROPER ENGLISH!) someone on a forum will not change who I am.

Read this: https://cavyspirit.com/allergies.htm

My wife is severely allergic and would never give up our six pigs.

My sister was forced to give up her dog because of allergies. She was upset over that for a long time. Allergies can almost always be treated. I owe no apology, and I repeat, he's a jerk. I am very sorry that you had to give up your pig. What a load of crap!

He was just too lazy to see an allergist to have his allergies treated. You'll get no apology from me for this one. Anyone who runs a rescue (including the owners of this forum!) would agree with me.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's sad you had to give him away. I'm glad you found him a new home, but wasn't there some way to get your husband's allergies treated? There are so many good medicines out there. All you need to do is ask. Well, hope you're ok with your decision...

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Chad, what the heck are you even talking about?? I don't care what you have to say. Bc all of it is rude. Geeze, don't get so offensive, and start saying stuff.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
By the way, I don't have to "love" what you have "to say". I don't even KNOW YOU!!!! Geeze.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
You also have no sense of respect for other people. Do you know her husband? NO

Should you be critizing her husband?
NO

Should you apologize? YES

Byt the way, you are WAY too into your guinea pigs. There are sacrifices in life tha have to be made.

Chad, when you said that "Anyone who runs a rescue (including the owners of this forum!) would agree with me.", I hope you don't mean in the WHOLE WORLD, bc you are wrong, wrong, wrong. You don't know what other people think, or what they have to say. Get your facts straight, because I never said that I wanted to change you. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!

END OF DISCUSSION

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
It's not just guinea pigs, it's any pet.

Until you see your own family member (my sister, in particular) upset because she had to give up something because the other partner was too lazy to treat the allergies or compromise somehow, deal. In my sister's case, her (now ex-)husband was also severelty allergic to cigarette smoke, but didn't give those up.

And I wasn't talking about the whole world, I was talking about the little slice known as this forum.

I still owe no one anything. Deal with it. There are opposing opinions to your own out there, you know. The more you order me to apologize, the less likely I will deem it necessary.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Chad, I dont care if you apologize or not. I said I THINK you should appologize. Chad you dont' know about any of my family members....if they had to give up anything or not for their spouses, etc. And yes they have, my sister.

And there are opposing opinions to your own, too.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Byt the way, you are WAY too into your guinea pigs. There are sacrifices in life tha have to be made.
Exactly. And sometimes the sacrifices should be made on behalf of the guinea pigs one is responsible for.

I bet you never even read the Cavy Spirit link I gave you.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
But the sacrifices were made for her husband. When Chrystal made her descion, she made it for her husband. Because she loves her husband more than her guinea pigs.

I didn't see and cavy spirit link....please don't send anything. Because I will not read it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.