Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HELP PLEASE! i have to give my cavy (dallas TX)

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
But the sacrifices were made for her husband. When Chrystal made her descion, she made it for her husband. Because she loves her husband more than her guinea pigs.

I didn't see and cavy spirit link....please don't send anything. Because I will not read it.
I posted the link on the forum. I wouldn't "send" you anything. Seems to me you're not even reading and understanding my posts.

And you tell me that there are opposing opinions. How about reading the opinion of someone who really knows about guineas. My, my are we a little bit closed minded?

Oh and by the way, I'm married. Being a husband myself, I'd never force my wife to give up a piggie. I'd make the sacrifice for my wife and the happiness of the marriage in general.

Now please re-read my posts, and take a look at the Cavy Spirit link. Hmor me.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
How dare yu judge me! And make false statements. I feel bad for your wife. I'm not closed minded, so please don't say crap about me, when you don't know me.
And I do know about guinea pigs. I'm not an expert, never said I was. And you arnt either. Even though you never said you were, you act like it. so who are you anyways you certainly act like it.

So please lets just end this discussion

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Sorry to you Emily (as a teenager), but stop acting like this is a chat room... Again, since I'm only 15 I feel bad telling you this, but it's true on this thread. You're pretty cool on the others so keep that up here... the hubby could have gotten his allergies treated if he asked the doctor. I know I have allergies to animal dander AND I have allergies to hay. I take meds for it and it's usually fine. She found them a pretty good home, though, so please, let's all just end this on good terms. =) What's been done is done.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
ditto mncavylover, what matters is is that the piggy found a new loving home. It did work out in the end.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Please don't tell me what I should and should not be doing. Your not right, I'm not right, and chad is not right. You mncavylover don't know me. Nor does anyone else.

So let me ask you this: Why didn't you say something to Chad?

I'm not going to be involved in this website/forum anymore.

Bye

Some of you guys act like everything can be fixed..when giving up a guinea pig is not the end of the world.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Please don't tell me what I should and should not be doing. Your not right, I'm not right, and chad is not right. You mncavylover don't know me. Nor does anyone else.

So let me ask you this: Why didn't you say something to Chad?

Bye

Some of you guys act like everything can be fixed..when giving up a guinea pig is not the end of the world.
This is <i>exactly</i> what I was talking about. If you don't love your piggy that much, why did you bother to come on this forum anyway? (Sorry to everyone for MY teen chatroom moment here...) And why does it matter if I don't say anything about chad? Perhaps I just wantd this discussion with you. If you don't want to get involve din a discussion that may potentially lead to people disagreeing with you, then this forum isn't for you. I'm sorry it had to end with you leaving. Nobody knows anyone here, so according to you, should we just let them do whatever they feel like? That's the point of an online forum... to talk to people you might not know. Again, I'm very sorry to see that you could not resolve this conflict and had to leave. Good luck with your next forum! =)

jennylynn

Cavy Slave
I think that Emily's first problem is that she seems them as "just" guinea pigs, and not a living breathing member of her family who's life she is responsible for.

Hopefully it will click with her someday.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Jenny..get over it please. I don't have a problem. You need to be quiet.
You don't know what the heck I "see" guinea pigs at. So stop assuming.

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
It is not an assumption on Jenny's part. It is based on what you have said regarding your guinea pigs and guinea pigs in general. I also have come to the same conclusion, that your committment to pets is not the way the vast majority of us here think it should be. That is your right to think that way, it is our right to think that it is wrong.

Any pet should be brought into a home with the life long commitment it deserves. It should be the end of the world if you have to give that pet up. The fact that the statement was made that it was not a big deal is a big clue that the views differ wildly.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Jenny..get over it please. I don't have a problem. You need to be quiet.
You don't know what the heck I "see" guinea pigs at. So stop assuming.
I thought you said you weren't going to be a part of this forum anymore? You even said goodbye. Please keep in mind that in a forum, people are free to disagree with each other and you should not take it as a personal affront. Getting hysterical only gets you more negative attention.

At this point, I can't even remember who had to give up pigs because of the husband's allergies? However, my opinion is hooray for the wife who rightly put her husband's needs before the needs of the pigs. I love my pigs but if a member of my family had serious problems with them, I would find them a good home. I would miss them and regret that I had to give them up but let's do a reality check. The people in our lives are more important than our animals.

In fact, we got two wonderful cats from a family whose new baby was seriously allergic. They were heartbroken to give up their cats who for the last four years had been their only "babies." However, we gave them a great home and love them. We just lost one last year to cancer (after spending $6000 in 1999 on cancer treatments for him) but the other we've had now for 10 years.

Any piggie lover can feel free to disagree with me and guess what? I won't break down over it.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I agree with you...Any pet that is brought is someones home should have a lifelong commitment.... I have 3 cats, one with three legs..that we've paid thousands of dollars on..because she got hit by a car...some people would just put the cat to sleep...but I did not put her to sleep...we do evreything we can for her....she is not in any pain, she is happier than any other cat I know. I also have 1 guinea pig, 1 1/2 months old. 1 hamster. And 1 bird that I rescued. I would never give them up.... Just because what I "say" on this "forum" dosent mean anything...I don't care what you guys say...I just think that it's not right...

Pce out

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I think that what she's trying to say is this:

No, we don't "know" you except for what you post on this foru. If you feel another way, please do not post something that does not truly represent your feelings.
Oh, and I would also advise you against "leaving" a forum unless you actually plan on doing so.
Just my 2.5 cents. =)

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I post things on this "forum" that represent my feelings. Nobody can make me leave this forum. I know that people would talk about me...so I am leaving now.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
I post things on this "forum" that represent my feelings. Nobody can make me leave this forum. I know that people would talk about me...so I am leaving now.
Promises, promises....

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
You think rather highly of yourself. Look around, the only time people "talk" about you is to refute some statement you make. Leave, stay, whatever...

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Did I ever say that I "PROMISED" everyone that I was going to leave?

I don't think so

supertramp

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Did I ever say that I "PROMISED" everyone that I was going to leave?

I don't think so
Listen, we really don't care whether you leave or whether you stay. If you are going to stay, however, then maybe you should stick to talking about guinea pigs, considering that they are the main point of this forum (please notice no speech marks), and stop idly bickering with other members.

This is the internet, everyone is faceless, including you.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
If you do not want our opinions, please stop posting. Like the above post, all people on the internet are faceless, including yourself. Look at what you have posted thus far, and view it all objectively. What would you think of yourself if you were someone else viewing this forum?

Emily F. said:

Bye
Emily F. said:
That's twice you have said you would leave. This is a good example of how you misrepresent yourself on this forum. If you are not going to leave, please do not give us the misconception of thinking you are. If you do not speak the truth and have to "promise" to do everything, how can we believe what you say?

If you say you're leaving, we expect you are telling the truth, just as we expect what you say here to represent you. How can we possibly know you if you make false statements about your feelings all the time? Please, do try to be honest with us and we will respect you a bit more. Thanks! =)

Let's all please just stop this as it is pointless and getting nowhere. Many people are even forgetting what the purpose of this forum is, so let's all end this on a good note. Thank you!!! =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.