Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

SnickieBugs

Cavy Slave
Hello fellow piggy-owners (or future owners!),

My name's Kyla. I have one guinea pig, his name is Snickers. He is four and a half years old and he is completely spoiled! He gets a big salad every night, and he also gets piggy chips every night, which are really Oxbow Simple Rewards Strawberry Treats. He's my little guy and he also completely has my mom wrapped around his little finger! I'm on this site because I'm contemplating getting another pig, and I am trying to learn as much as I can about the effects of a new piggy on a "senior" pig.

Talk to you all soon!

LilPig

Cavy Slave
Hi Kyla,
If you are thinking about getting another piggie you could consider adopting one from a foster home or small animal shelter. Usually the cost is significantly less because they're not in the business of making money, but in the business of saving lives. There are usually many piggies in need of a good home AND if you find one in a foster home (like I did) they might let you bring Snickers to the foster home for a piggie meet and greet. When I adopted my Ruby from a foster I brought Riblet with me and knew right away that they would be good friends as each piggie interacts differently with eachother. Plus, you avoid a bad match that could lead to stress on your lil old man.

You can check Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder to search for piggies in your area.

Hope you have some luck finding a new piggie, I saw in another forum that your other one from Petco died and am sorry for your loss. Dont give up though, there are lots of piggies out there waiting for you to lavish them with salads! :)

SnickieBugs

Cavy Slave
Hi LilPig,

Thanks for your response, and the link! I really appreciate it, and I will definitely check it out! I didn't know that some would let me bring Snicks with me, that would be awesome! I would love to do that because Snicks' well-being is definitely on my mind for 90% of the time during this process. I have been checking out Piggy rescues near my area and I will look for foster homes, too. I saved Snickies from the SPCA and he's been great :) He is very well-behaved and he has a big personality! Riblet is a really cute name, by the way, and it sounds good with Ruby!

Thanks again,

Kyla

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Hi, I would definitely bring your pig with you to introduce him to other possible piggy friends. I hope the best for you and I cant wait to see pics of Snickers!

SnickieBugs

Cavy Slave
I already have one up :) It's one of him halfway finished with one of his salads. I have another one of him when I'm giving him a kiss and he's making a face, but it's kind of blurry, so I might put that one up as another picture :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.