Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

sgdevinhp

Cavy Slave
Hi! I'm a piggie fanatic, like most of you here probably are, and I've finally decided to join this forum after knowing (and loving) this site for a few years now.

I have one cavy named Henry Porter (I don't remember why...) and I had another pig named Sir Guinea. He had to be euthanized on April 3rd this year because of a large growth on his neck that was hurting him. I bought them both at Petsmart on December 30th of 2006, so Henry's a 'senior citizen' now :)

I hope to become a familiar face on this wonderful site!

GPonnett

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I am so sorry for your loss. I agree this is a wonderful site. I am glad you joined. It is great to learn from each other, since we are all crazy for our guinea pigs and want the best for them!! How is Henry Porter handling the loss of his buddy?

sgdevinhp

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! Henry, at first, didn't want to be held and wouldn't even squeak for food! After a while he's perked back up again though, and everyone in our family has been spoiling him a little more than before when he had a fellow guinea :)

GPonnett

Cavy Slave
So sweet! I'm glad he is getting extra attention. Have you considered getting him a new buddy? You could rescue one and do a good thing for 2 pigs. Just a thought. I have grown attached to all of my pigs. We started with 3, then rescued 7 to foster! 2 of them were pregnant with a total of 7 babies (4 born today). It has been interesting to watch the guinea pigs we rescued that did not have a mate...change when we paired them with a buddy. With whatever you choose...good luck and keep on spoiling Henry!

sgdevinhp

Cavy Slave
I would, but my parents say no D: They 'don't want to be stuck with these pigs while you're in college.' They started out as family pets, but I'm mostly in charge of his care. I'm thinking about fostering guinea pigs with him, so I'm helping other guinea pigs and also giving Henry company, but I have no idea if this is a good idea or what. Henry isn't neutered and my parents aren't willing to 'waste' money on it D:

sgdevinhp

Cavy Slave
By the way, your piggies on your profile picture are ADORABLE :) . I've always wanted a skinny pig.

GPonnett

Cavy Slave
Thanks! As a parent, I understand where they are coming from. That is a tough position. But trust me....after college you will have plenty of time to get back to guinea pigs! Maybe you can explain that sometimes 2 pigs are not any more trouble then one. Good luck with your pigs and college!

sgdevinhp

Cavy Slave
Thanks, and good luck with your children (both human and cavy :) )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.